Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700935 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: June 09, 2018, 05:48:25 AM »

'The devil, who is a most haughty spirit, is never more completely mastered than by humility of heart, and a simple, clear, undisguised manifestation of our sins and temptations to our confessor.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1361 on: June 12, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »

'If God wishes to despoil us, let us allow Him to do so. Let us not neglect the practice of virtues, let us not neglect the holy presence of God, let us not neglect the remembrance of the Passion of our dear Jesus; but in meditation we must follow His inspirations, not our own impulses. There are some rules, but God is the Master.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1362 on: June 13, 2018, 06:06:43 AM »

'Provided that humility and sweetness are not lacking in you, the goodness of God will not fail to help you to fulfil, not only without repugnance, but even with joy, whatever promises you have made Him.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1363 on: June 14, 2018, 07:38:51 AM »

'God is supreme strength, fortifying those who place their trust and confidence in Him.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1364 on: June 16, 2018, 07:31:05 AM »

'Nor do I seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand. For this too I believe, that unless I first believe, I shall not understand.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1365 on: June 19, 2018, 01:24:51 AM »

'The life of Jesus Christ first of all dominates our conscience, purifies it, and separates us from sin.'

St. Peter Julian Eymard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1366 on: June 21, 2018, 08:55:02 AM »

'In all your afflictions and interior desolations make frequent acts of total abandonment to the will of God. Recite the chaplet which St. Gertrude composed of these words only: Fiat voluntas tua - "May Thy will be done." At other times say, with sentiments of perfect conformity to the divine will, "Thou art just, O Lord! and all Thy judgments are just, and all Thy ways are mercy, and truth, and judgment." (Tobias iii. 2.)'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1367 on: June 23, 2018, 02:44:37 AM »

'Be humble and courageous in not giving way to despondency on account of your faults or of the slight vexations and humiliations with which you may meet.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1368 on: June 26, 2018, 03:01:40 AM »

'In recalling to mind the life and actions of the saints, walk in their footsteps as much as possible, and humble thyself if thou canst not attain to their perfection.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: June 29, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »

'If only a child profits by my teachings, my trouble and my time will seem to me well spent.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1370 on: July 06, 2018, 05:19:44 AM »

'Let all involuntary suffering teach you to remember God, and you will not lack occasion for repentance.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1371 on: July 08, 2018, 06:41:51 AM »

'It is impossible, to the human mind, to comprehend that infinite, eternal, immense Being; all that we can understand of Him in this life is nothing in comparison to the reality.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1372 on: July 10, 2018, 03:59:45 AM »

'How can you venture to live without fear, seeing that you must appear before God to give an account of your lightest words and thoughts?'

St. John of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1373 on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:50 AM »

'It is God's love for us whence flows all the bitterness as well as all the sweets of this life.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1374 on: July 14, 2018, 03:35:28 AM »

'In everything that we do God searches out our purpose to see whether we do it for Him or for some other motive.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1375 on: July 19, 2018, 05:37:26 AM »

'If charity and sweetness have not truth for their companion they do not deserve the names of charity and sweetness, but those of hypocrisy and vanity.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: