Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:46:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705285 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1408 on: November 03, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »

'Experience teaches that the man who exercises a frequent and rigid censorship over his thoughts, words and action, is better capable of hating and avoiding evil and of cultivating earnestly what is good.'

Pope St. Pius X

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1409 on: November 05, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »

'The Holy Spirit is the master of prayer, and causes us to abide in continual peace and cheerfulness, which is a foretaste of Paradise.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1410 on: November 07, 2018, 04:49:05 AM »

'Behold thy lofty origin, and bethink thee of the due of love thou owest thy Creator. "Let Us make man," said God, "to Our Image and Likeness" (Gen. i. 26). If thou awakest not at this word, O my soul; if thou art not all aflame with love of Him for His so ineffable graciousness of condescension towards thee; if thine inmost marrow burns not with longings after Him, what shall I say? Asleep shall I call thee? Or must I rather think thee dead?'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2018, 04:15:38 AM »

'Behold how many there are who are called, and how few who are chosen! And behold, if you have no care for yourself, your perdition is more certain than your amendment, especially since the way that leads to eternal life is so narrow.'

St. John of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1412 on: November 14, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »

'In this world we are all in a valley of tears. Our consolation is not here; we shall have it eternally in Paradise, if we suffer tribulations on earth.'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1413 on: November 15, 2018, 03:17:13 AM »

'Self-control and strenuous effort curb desire; stillness and intense longing for God wither it.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1414 on: November 23, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »

'He who has come to know the truth does not oppose the afflictions that befall him, for he knows that they lead him to the fear of God.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1415 on: November 24, 2018, 10:49:39 AM »

'We meet with contradictions everywhere. If only two persons are together they mutually afford each other opportunities of exercising patience, and even when one is alone there will still be a necessity for this virtue, so true it is that our miserable life is full of crosses.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1416 on: November 26, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »

'If we fulfill Christ's commandments according to our conscience, we are spiritually refreshed to the extent that we suffer in our heart. But each thing comes to us at the right time.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1417 on: November 29, 2018, 02:05:17 AM »

'Without faith it is impossible to please God.'

Hebrews 11:6

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1418 on: November 30, 2018, 07:11:39 AM »

'The soul that is the humblest and most despised will be most loved by His adorable Heart. The most despoiled and stripped of all things will possess It more fully.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1419 on: December 01, 2018, 07:10:54 AM »

'The true medicine to cure us of pride, is to keep down and thwart touchiness of mind.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1420 on: December 03, 2018, 10:46:41 PM »

'When a man has to buy anything, he ought not to do so because he is moved by an attachment to the thing, but from want and necessity; for it will never do to buy attachments.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: December 04, 2018, 02:55:04 AM »

'Rebukes may be given in malice and self-defense, or out of fear of God and respect for truth.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1422 on: December 05, 2018, 02:20:37 AM »

'The works of God are perfect, and all his ways are judgments: God is faithful and without any iniquity, he is just and right.'

Deuteronomy 32:4

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1423 on: December 08, 2018, 03:50:43 AM »

'The love of Christ arouses us, urges us to run, and to fly lifted on the wings of holy zeal . . . The man who burns with the fire of divine love is a son of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and wherever he goes, he enkindles that flame; he desires and works with all his strength to inflame all men with the fire of God's love. Nothing deters him: he rejoices in poverty; he labors strenuously; he welcomes hardships; he laughs off false accusations; he rejoices in anguish. He thinks only of how he might follow Jesus Christ and imitate Him by his prayers, his labors, his sufferings, and by caring always and only for the glory of God and the salvation of souls.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: