Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700872 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1424 on: December 10, 2018, 07:29:51 AM »

'Is there any one in the world who has invoked thee, O Mary, without having felt the benefit of thy protection, which is promised to those who invoke thy mercy?'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1425 on: December 11, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »

'Nothing more glorious can happen to a Christian, than to suffer for Christ.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1426 on: December 13, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »

'For it becomes us as Christians to turn with aversion from all who speak or think against Christ, as the adversaries of God and the destroyers of souls, and "not even to wish them Godspeed, lest at any time we become partakers of their evil deeds," as the blessed John enjoins. (2 John 10)'

St. Alexander of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1427 on: December 18, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »

'When the intellect, having grown to full maturity in the Lord, wrenches the soul from long-continued prepossession, the heart suffers torments as if on the rack, since intellect and passion drag it in opposite directions.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1428 on: December 20, 2018, 11:59:34 PM »

'Devote your senses to the service of the intellect and give them no time to be diverted from it.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1429 on: December 21, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »

'If someone said to you, "I would like to become rich; what must I do?" you would answer him, "You must labor:" Well, in order to get to Heaven, we must suffer.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1430 on: December 22, 2018, 07:30:59 AM »

'Christ shall be slain, and the people who shall deny Him shall not be His.'

Daniel 9:26

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1431 on: December 24, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »

'I beg of Him with all my heart to make you ever faithful to what He asks of you, ready to sacrifice to Him all that costs you the most, according as He makes His Will known to you, for there is no middle course; He will have all or nothing.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1432 on: December 24, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »

'The divine love for man was extreme, and so it had been from all eternity: "I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore have I drawn thee, taking pity on thee" But heretofore it had not appeared how great and inconceivable it was. Then it truly appeared, when the Son of God showed himself a little one in a stable on a bundle of straw: The goodness and kindness of God our Saviour appeared. The Greek text reads: The singular love of God towards men appeared.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1433 on: December 28, 2018, 08:10:44 AM »

'O Lord, keep Thy hand this day over Philip, if Thou do not, Philip will betray Thee.'

St. Philip Neri, his morning prayer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1434 on: December 29, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »

'Furthermore, it is necessary for you to believe the Catholic Faith and to be baptized, as must every man to save his soul!'

St. Catherine of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1435 on: January 02, 2019, 02:03:36 AM »

'What will remain to you of your Sunday work? You leave the earth just as it is; when you go away, you carry nothing with you. Ah! when we are attached to the earth, we are not willing to go! Our first end is to go to God; we are on the earth for no other purpose. My brethren, we should die on Sunday, and rise again on Monday.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1436 on: January 03, 2019, 03:24:45 PM »

'Lord, dispose of me as Thou wiliest; let me be tormented as much as Thou pleasest; I will never, on any account, separate myself from Thee. Do with me according to Thy good pleasure; I wish to draw nearer and nearer to Thee.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1437 on: January 04, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »

'Our general argument concerning marriage, food, and other matters, may proceed to show that we should do nothing from desire. Our will is to be directed only towards that which is necessary.

For we are children not of desire but of will.

A man who marries for the sake of begetting children must practise continence so that it is not desire he feels for his wife, whom he ought to love, and that he may beget children with a chaste and controlled will.'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1438 on: January 05, 2019, 07:05:04 AM »

'Where there is cleanness there is understanding.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1439 on: January 07, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »

'There are two guarantees of a wise rule of conduct: the thought before action, and self command afterward.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: