Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2019, 12:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 319473 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1428 on: December 20, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »

'Devote your senses to the service of the intellect and give them no time to be diverted from it.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1429 on: December 21, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »

'If someone said to you, "I would like to become rich; what must I do?" you would answer him, "You must labor:" Well, in order to get to Heaven, we must suffer.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1430 on: December 22, 2018, 05:30:59 AM »

'Christ shall be slain, and the people who shall deny Him shall not be His.'

Daniel 9:26

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1431 on: December 24, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »

'I beg of Him with all my heart to make you ever faithful to what He asks of you, ready to sacrifice to Him all that costs you the most, according as He makes His Will known to you, for there is no middle course; He will have all or nothing.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1432 on: December 24, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »

'The divine love for man was extreme, and so it had been from all eternity: "I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore have I drawn thee, taking pity on thee" But heretofore it had not appeared how great and inconceivable it was. Then it truly appeared, when the Son of God showed himself a little one in a stable on a bundle of straw: The goodness and kindness of God our Saviour appeared. The Greek text reads: The singular love of God towards men appeared.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1433 on: December 28, 2018, 06:10:44 AM »

'O Lord, keep Thy hand this day over Philip, if Thou do not, Philip will betray Thee.'

St. Philip Neri, his morning prayer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1434 on: December 29, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »

'Furthermore, it is necessary for you to believe the Catholic Faith and to be baptized, as must every man to save his soul!'

St. Catherine of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1435 on: January 02, 2019, 12:03:36 AM »

'What will remain to you of your Sunday work? You leave the earth just as it is; when you go away, you carry nothing with you. Ah! when we are attached to the earth, we are not willing to go! Our first end is to go to God; we are on the earth for no other purpose. My brethren, we should die on Sunday, and rise again on Monday.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1436 on: January 03, 2019, 01:24:45 PM »

'Lord, dispose of me as Thou wiliest; let me be tormented as much as Thou pleasest; I will never, on any account, separate myself from Thee. Do with me according to Thy good pleasure; I wish to draw nearer and nearer to Thee.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1437 on: January 04, 2019, 05:21:58 AM »

'Our general argument concerning marriage, food, and other matters, may proceed to show that we should do nothing from desire. Our will is to be directed only towards that which is necessary.

For we are children not of desire but of will.

A man who marries for the sake of begetting children must practise continence so that it is not desire he feels for his wife, whom he ought to love, and that he may beget children with a chaste and controlled will.'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1438 on: January 05, 2019, 05:05:04 AM »

'Where there is cleanness there is understanding.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1439 on: January 07, 2019, 06:29:03 AM »

'There are two guarantees of a wise rule of conduct: the thought before action, and self command afterward.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1440 on: January 11, 2019, 04:20:25 AM »

'The most evident mark of God's anger is the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifested when He permits his people to fall into the hands of clergy who are priests more in name than in deed. When God permits such things it is very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful anger on them. That is why He cries out unceasingly to Christians, return you rebellious Christians and I will give you pastors according to my own heart.'

St. Jean Eudes

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: January 14, 2019, 01:33:35 PM »

'Our own evil inclinations are far more dangerous than any external enemies.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: January 15, 2019, 06:25:47 AM »

'A true Catholic is he who loves the truth revealed by God, who loves the Church, the Body of Christ, who esteems religion, the Catholic faith, higher than any human authority, talents, eloquence, and philosophy; all this he holds in contempt, and remains firm and unshaken in the faith which, he knows, has always from the beginning been held by the Catholic Church; and if he notices that any one, no, matter who he may be, interprets a dogma in a manner different from that of the Fathers of the Church, he understands that God permits such an interpretation to be made, not for the good of religion, but as a temptation, according to the words of St. Paul: "For there must be also heresies; that they also, who are reproved, may be made manifest among you." (I Cor. xi. 19) "And indeed, no sooner are novel opinions proclaimed, than it becomes manifest what kind of a Catholic a man is;"'

St. Vincent of Lerins

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1443 on: January 16, 2019, 04:08:44 AM »

'These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world.'

John 16:33

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: