Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:42:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 1 Member and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705436 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1504 on: May 05, 2019, 03:55:16 PM »

'Before choosing, let us examine well whether the attachment we feel for an object springs solely from the love of God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1505 on: May 08, 2019, 04:56:40 AM »

'Let us thank God for having called us to His holy faith. It is a great gift, and the number of those who thank God for it is small.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1506 on: May 08, 2019, 12:09:28 PM »

'We are to love God for Himself, because of a twofold reason; nothing is more reasonable, nothing more profitable. When one asks, "Why should I love God?" he may mean, "What is lovely in God?" or "What shall I gain by loving God?" In either case, the same sufficient cause of love exists, namely, God Himself.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1507 on: May 09, 2019, 06:00:16 AM »

'Love Him with all your strength, think always of Him, let Him do with you, in you and for you, whatever He wills, and do not be anxious about anything else.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1508 on: May 14, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »

'Have great confidence in God and never distrust His mercy, which infinitely surpasses all our misery.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1509 on: May 25, 2019, 07:17:30 PM »

'They [Saints Catherine and Margaret] love that which our Lord loves, and hate that which God hates.'

St. Joan of Arc

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1510 on: May 28, 2019, 03:40:31 AM »

'I can hardly express my joy at seeing the increase of devotion to the Sacred Heart of my Saviour. I seem to live for that alone. Sometimes such an ardent desire to make It reign in all hearts is kindled within me that there is nothing I would not do and suffer to bring this about.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1511 on: May 29, 2019, 06:44:48 AM »

'He who forgets himself in the service of God may be assured that God will not forget Him.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1512 on: May 30, 2019, 01:14:50 AM »

'He that rises after his falls, with confidence in God and profound humility of heart, will become, in God's hands, a proper instrument for the accomplishment of great things; but he who acts otherwise can never do any good.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1513 on: June 01, 2019, 05:26:31 AM »

'I resolve to observe silence conscientiously. I resolve to speak briefly and so avoid many pitfalls and be better able to converse with God.'

St. Conrad of Parzham, resolutions in the novitiate

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1514 on: June 03, 2019, 04:41:21 AM »

'If we are men of prayer, God will make use of us, although poor and miserable, for the greatest triumphs of His glory; unless we are men of prayer, we can accomplish no good.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1515 on: June 04, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »

'My first thought, my love, absolutely everything shall be for Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament.'

Bl. Peter Julian Eymard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1516 on: June 05, 2019, 03:46:05 AM »

'If you wish to pray well, be faithful in the practice of mortification, avoid dissipation of mind during the day, and never commit any willful faults.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1517 on: June 06, 2019, 04:31:56 AM »

'Guard your mind, and you will not be harassed by temptations. But if you fail to guard it, accept patiently whatever trial comes.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1518 on: June 07, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »

'Think that human love, which is only a parody of a true love, very often excludes God; that it is a form of egoism, since for people who truly love each other the rest of the world does not exist; and that it is fair that this forgetfulness of God and this indifference towards your neighbour should be expiated.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1519 on: June 08, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »

'If you abandon God and are a slave to the passions you cannot reap God's mercy.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: