Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700879 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1520 on: June 09, 2019, 06:06:50 AM »

'If you hate rebuke, it shows that the passion in which you are involved is due to your own free choice. But if you welcome rebuke, the passion is due to prepossession.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1521 on: June 10, 2019, 07:01:48 AM »

'"In the company of the innocent, you will be innocent; in the company of the elect, you will be elect; and in a crooked man's company you will go wrong." [Ps. 18:26,27]

Let us, then, follow the innocent and the upright. They, it is, who are God's elect.'

Pope St. Clement I of Rome

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1522 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:58 AM »

'Only one offence is now vigorously punished, an accurate observance of our fathers' traditions.'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1523 on: June 17, 2019, 02:22:54 AM »

'Fear of God is of two kinds. The first is generated in us by the threat of punishment. It is through such fear that we develop in due order self-control, patience, hope in God and dispassion; and it is from dispassion that love comes. The second kind of fear is linked with love and constantly produces reverence in the soul, so that it does not grow indifferent to God because of the intimate communion of its love.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1524 on: June 18, 2019, 02:12:38 AM »

'Even if saints have fallen into sins of frailty such as venial faults of imperfect attention, from such imperfections no one is except, but all deliberate and fully voluntary venial sins may be avoided and are seldom or never committed by holy souls who live with a firm and constant resolution to rather suffer death than with full attention be guilty of a venial violation of God's law.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1525 on: June 19, 2019, 03:35:45 AM »

'Crux mihi certa salus,
Crux est quam semper adoro,
Crux Domini mecum,
Crux refugium mihi.

The cross is my sure salvation,
The cross which I worship continually,
The Lord's cross be with me,
The cross be my refuge.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1526 on: June 19, 2019, 05:49:38 PM »

'After Antichrist has been slain by lightning on Mount Olivet and his death has been made widely known through out the world, this our earth will exist for forty-five more days; I do not say years, but days. This is clearly to be seen in Daniel (12:11) : "And from the time when the continual sacrifice shall be taken away and the abomination of desolation shall be set up, there shall be one thousand, two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh unto the one thousand, three hundred and thirty-five days."

The Doctors say that these forty-five days will be given by God for the conversion of those who have been seduced by Antichrist, but Antichrist will have left behind him so great riches and pleasure that hardly any of the nations will be converted to the Faith of Christ. For there is no savior but Christ, and yet they will not be converted.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1527 on: June 20, 2019, 03:27:47 AM »

'If you do not want to suffer evil, do not inflict it, since the suffering of it inevitably follows its infliction. "For whatever a man sows he will also reap" (Gal. 6:7).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1528 on: June 21, 2019, 02:56:07 AM »

'Light is risen to the just, and joy to the right of heart. Rejoice, ye just, in the Lord: and give praise to the remembrance of his holiness.'

Psalm 96:11-12

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: June 22, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »

'Every moment comes to us pregnant with a command from God, only to pass on and plunge into eternity, there to remain forever what we have made of it.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1530 on: June 23, 2019, 07:03:12 AM »

'Besides pardoning those who persecute us, we ought to feel pity for the delusion they are labouring under.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1531 on: June 25, 2019, 04:34:54 AM »

'If you are earnestly desirous of uprightness and perfection, examine continually and think well on your way of living. Notice how much you advance in virtue and how much you fall away. Examine into your conduct and the sentiments that inspire you. Look and see how like to God you are, -- and how unlike! How near to God, and alas, how far away from Him!'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1532 on: June 26, 2019, 04:46:36 AM »

'Let us take refuge in the Wound of the Sacred Side like a poor traveller, who seeks a safe harbor in which to shelter from the rocks and tempests of the stormy sea of this life, for here below we are continually exposed to shipwreck, unless we have the help of our all-wise Pilot.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1533 on: June 27, 2019, 06:37:24 AM »

'If you refuse to accept suffering and dishonor, do not claim to be in a state of repentance because of your other virtues. For self-esteem and insensitivity can serve sin even under the cover of virtue.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1534 on: June 28, 2019, 05:24:31 PM »

'Our heart is too small to contain two loves, being made only for divine love, it finds no rest in any other.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1535 on: June 29, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »

'He who despises Hell or forgets it will not escape it.'

St. John Chrysostom

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: