Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 09:32:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 382937 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1615 on: November 05, 2019, 04:34:04 AM »

'It is possible to offer fervent prayer even while walking in public or strolling alone, or seated in your shop, . . . while buying or selling, . . . or even while cooking.'

St. John Chrysostom

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1616 on: November 06, 2019, 04:15:52 AM »

'We should not wish to see or do anything which could not be done in the presence of God and His creatures, and we shall thus imagine that we are always in His presence.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1617 on: November 07, 2019, 03:24:23 AM »

'Rightly motivated, the intellect will find the truth; but motivated by passion it will miss the mark.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1618 on: November 11, 2019, 03:03:35 AM »

'As I looked, thrones were placed and one that was Ancient of Days took His seat; His raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool; His throne was like fiery flames, its wheels were like a burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came forth from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened.'

Daniel 7:9-10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1619 on: November 12, 2019, 02:44:53 PM »

'When our pious undertakings meet with little success, let us not be troubled; when God wills anything to be done for His glory He will not fail to urge on the work until it is accomplished.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1620 on: November 14, 2019, 11:14:58 PM »

'Be careful that you do not lose anything of the Body of the Lord. If you let fall anything, you must think of it as though you cut off one of the members of your own body. Tell me, I beg you, if someone gave you kernels of gold, would you not guard them with the greatest care and diligence, intent on not losing anything? Should you not exercise even greater care and vigilance, so that not even a crumb of the Lord's Body could fall to the ground, for It is far more precious than gold or jewels?'

St. Cyril of Jerusalem

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1621 on: November 19, 2019, 03:45:52 AM »

'Question the beauty of the earth, the sea, the air distending and diffusing itself, the sky. . . question all these realities. All respond: "See, we are beautiful." These beauties are subject to change. Who made them if not the Beautiful One who is not subject to change?'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1622 on: November 20, 2019, 09:06:28 PM »

'This is the mark of Christianity -- however much a man toils, and however many righteousnesses he performs, to feel that he has done nothing, and in fasting to say, "This is not fasting," and in praying, "This is not prayer," and in perseverance at prayer, "I have shown no perseverance; I am only just beginning to practice and to take pains"; and even if he is righteous before God, he should say, "I am not righteous, not I; I do not take pains, but only make a beginning every day."'

St. Macarius the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1623 on: November 21, 2019, 06:14:47 AM »

'If you truly want to help the soul of your neighbor, you should approach God first with all your heart. Ask him simply to fill you with charity, the greatest of all virtues; with it you can accomplish what you desire.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1624 on: November 24, 2019, 12:28:24 AM »

'In retirement, solitude and circumspection with thou find thy peace.'

The Blessed Virgin, to Ven. Mary of Agreda

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1625 on: November 25, 2019, 02:48:51 AM »

'Moderate fasting, vigils and psalmody are natural means for achieving a balance in the body's temperament.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1626 on: November 27, 2019, 12:10:31 AM »

'Pray twenty-four hours every day - that is, perform all your actions with heart and mind raised to God, holding yourself in interior solitude, and reposing in God in pure faith.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1627 on: November 28, 2019, 12:18:14 AM »

'Anything we give to the poor will be repaid generously.'

St. Conrad of Parzham

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1628 on: November 30, 2019, 05:46:59 PM »

'We ought to have a special devotion to those saints who excelled in humility, particularly to the Blessed Virgin Mary, who declares that the Lord regarded her on account of her humility.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1629 on: December 01, 2019, 03:55:03 AM »

'There is where I study my sermon - at the foot of the crucifix.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1630 on: December 02, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »

'Let thine eyes see right things, and let thine eyelids go before thy steps.'

Proverbs 4:25

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1631 on: December 03, 2019, 02:01:13 AM »

'In prayer we should particularly combat our predominant passion or evil inclination. We should devote continual attention to it, because when it is once conquered we will easily obtain the victory over all our other faults.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: