Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:50:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705426 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1632 on: December 04, 2019, 09:03:53 AM »

'He will keep the salvation of the righteous, and protect them that walk simply keeping the paths of justice, and guarding the ways of saints.'

Proverbs 2:7-8

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1633 on: December 05, 2019, 03:20:54 AM »

'When a person puts himself in an occasion of sin, saying, "I shall not fall, I shall not commit it," it is an almost infallible sign that he will fall, and with all the greater damage to his soul.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1634 on: December 06, 2019, 12:08:56 PM »

'Because Mary remained hidden during her life she is called by the Holy Spirit and the Church "Alma Mater", Mother hidden and unknown. So great was her humility that she desired nothing more upon earth than to remain unknown to herself and to others, and to be known only to God. In answer to her prayers to remain hidden, poor and lowly, God was pleased to conceal her from nearly every other human creature in her conception, her birth, her life, her mysteries, her resurrection and assumption. Her own parents did not really know her; and the angels would often ask one another, "Who can she possibly be?", for God had hidden her from them, or if he did reveal anything to them, it was nothing compared with what he withheld.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1635 on: December 07, 2019, 11:16:43 PM »

'Fear nothing and trust in Me. I am thy Protector and thy Surety. Within thy soul I have established My reign of peace which no one shall disturb, and in thy heart My reign of love which will fill thee with joy; of this joy no one shall deprive thee.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1636 on: December 08, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »

'The more the wicked abound, so much the more must we suffer with them in patience; for on the threshing floor few are the grains carried into the barns, but high are the piles of chaff burned with fire.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1637 on: December 09, 2019, 05:16:23 AM »

'Ah! the Blood of Jesus Christ, so much insulted, cries more powerfully for vengeance against the sacrilegious priest than the blood of Abel did against Cain. This Jesus Himself declared to St. Bridget. Oh! what horror must God and His Angels feel at the sight of a sacrilegious Mass!'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1638 on: December 11, 2019, 04:03:27 AM »

'If you have been given spiritual knowledge, you have been given noetic light; should you dishonor that light, you will see darkness.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1639 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »

'God has given this way of life to Israel: to abstain from everything which is contrary to nature, that is to say, anger, fits of passion, jealousy, hatred and slandering the brethren; in short, everything that is characteristic of the old man.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1640 on: December 17, 2019, 11:18:06 PM »

'Every virtue in your soul is a precious ornament which makes you dear to God and to man. But holy purity, the queen of virtues, the angelic virtue, is a jewel so precious that those who possess it become like the angels of God in Heaven, even though clothed in mortal flesh.'

St. John Bosco

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1641 on: December 18, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »

'God knows Himself and He knows the things He has created. The angelic powers, too, know God and know the things He has created. But they do not know God and the things He has created in the same way that God knows Himself and the things He has created.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1642 on: December 20, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »

'If God seems slow in responding, it is because He is preparing a better gift. He will not deny us. God withholds what you are not yet ready for. He wants you to have a lively desire for His greatest gifts. All of which is to say, pray always and do not lose heart.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1643 on: December 21, 2019, 02:32:28 AM »

'I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also.'

1 Corinthians 14:15

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1644 on: December 22, 2019, 02:30:56 AM »

'The words, "Full of grace," remind me that the Holy Spirit has showered so many graces upon me that I am able to give these graces in abundance to those who ask for them through my mediation.'

Our Lady speaking of the Ave Maria to St. Mechtilde

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1645 on: December 24, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »

'Jesus is born poor in a stable; the angels of heaven in deed acknowledge him, but men abandon and forsake him on earth. Only a few shepherds come and pay him homage. But our Redeemer was desirous of communicating to us the grace of his redemption, and begins therefore to manifest himself to the Gentiles, who knew him least. Therefore he sends a star to enlighten the holy Magi, in order that they may come and acknowledge and adore their Saviour. This was the first and sovereign grace bestowed upon us, our vocation to the faith; which was succeeded by our vocation to grace, of which men were deprived.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1646 on: December 25, 2019, 02:30:15 AM »

'Oh, how beautiful, perfect, and dear to God were the prayers of the Infant Jesus! At every moment he prayed to his Father, and his prayers were all for us and for each one of us in particular. All the graces that each one of us has received from the Lord, and our being called to the true faith, our having had time given us for repentance, the lights, the sorrow for sins, the pardon of them, the holy desires, the victory over temptations, and all the other good acts that we have made, or shall make, of confidence, of humility, of love, of thanksgiving, of offering, of resignation, all these Jesus has obtained for us, and all has been the effect of the prayers of Jesus. Oh, how much do we owe him! and how much ought we not to thank him and to love him!'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1647 on: December 26, 2019, 03:33:13 AM »

'He who loves Me, says the Lord, will keep My commandments (cf. John 14:15, 23); and "this is My commandment, that you love one another" (John 15:12). Thus he who does not love his neighbor fails to keep the commandment, and so cannot love the Lord.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: