Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 15, 2020, 12:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 108 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 413090 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1649 on: December 28, 2019, 12:30:43 AM »

'Oh! happy is he who can say, "I have despised the kingdom of the world, and all the glory of the time, for the love of my Lord Jesus Christ."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1650 on: December 30, 2019, 03:25:54 AM »

'The reason why so many souls who apply themselves to prayer are not inflamed with God's love is, that they neglect to carefully prepare themselves for it.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1651 on: January 02, 2020, 05:15:18 AM »

'For the wisdom of the flesh is death; but the wisdom of the spirit is life and peace.

If you live according to the flesh, you shall die: but if by the Spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh, you shall live.'

Romans 8:6,13

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1652 on: January 05, 2020, 01:33:30 PM »

'Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day.'

John 6:39

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1653 on: January 07, 2020, 11:48:32 AM »

'I think our Lord will grant you many graces if you have the courage to follow Him by entire self-forgetfulness, abandonment to His Providence and great purity of intention, always uniting yourself to the intentions of His Sacred Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1654 on: January 10, 2020, 04:47:37 AM »

'As regards your bodily health, obey the orders of the physician. Tell him sincerely what you suffer, in modest, clear, and concise language; after having said all that is necessary, be silent and let him act. Do not refuse remedies, but take them in the loving chalice of Jesus, with a pleasant countenance.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1655 on: January 11, 2020, 09:42:59 AM »

'As the good of the body is health, so the good of the soul is knowledge, which is indeed a kind of health of soul, by which a likeness to God is attained.'

St. Justin Martyr

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1656 on: January 12, 2020, 05:56:28 AM »

'It is through our fulfilling of the commandments that the Lord makes us dispassionate; and it is through His divine teachings that He gives us the light of spiritual knowledge. All such teachings are concerned either with God, or with things visible and invisible, or else with the providence and judgment relating to them.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1657 on: January 14, 2020, 07:42:10 AM »

'It is by the path of love, which is charity, that God draws near to man, and man to God. But where charity is not found, God cannot dwell. If, then, we possess charity, we possess God, for "God is Charity."'

St. Albert the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1658 on: January 15, 2020, 10:32:34 PM »

'It is some time since I last wrote, but I have not forgotten you. I have been somewhat unwell. Twice during Advent I had to spend a few days in bed. I feel better now. Pray that God may grant me good health if it be his will. I am happy in the Lord and have no desire to return to the world. You must realize that I am in the novitiate. Pray for me that I may complete the year successfully and become a good Capuchin not only by wearing the habit but in spirit as well. This is the way to live and die.'

St. Conrad of Parzham

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1659 on: January 16, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »

'With what hope will we meet Christ if we are still enslaved to the pleasures of the flesh?'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1660 on: January 18, 2020, 01:18:08 AM »

'Admire the goodness of the Creator, who causes the one to suffer in order to free the other.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1661 on: January 19, 2020, 05:23:46 AM »

'He will raise you to union with Himself in proportion as He finds you lowered in your own estimation. Do everything, therefore, through love and from a motive of humility.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: January 20, 2020, 02:41:00 AM »

'This saying which is written in the Gospel: "Let him who has no sword, sell his mantle and buy one," (Luke 22:36) means this: let him who is at ease give it up and take the narrow way.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1663 on: January 21, 2020, 03:39:45 AM »

'Nothing unites us so closely to the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ as the cross which is the most precious pledge of His love.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1664 on: January 22, 2020, 01:29:02 AM »

'We carry about with us impassioned images of the things we have experienced. If we can overcome these images we shall be indifferent to the things which they represent. For fighting against the thoughts of things is much harder than fighting against the things themselves, just as to sin in the mind is easier than to sin through outward action.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1665 on: January 23, 2020, 05:10:59 AM »

'I reckon prosperity, O men, to consist in nothing else than in living according to truth. But we do not live properly, or according to truth, unless we understand the nature of things.'

St. Justin Martyr

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 108 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: