Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705446 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1696 on: February 22, 2020, 10:55:22 AM »

'Be as eager to break your own will as the thirsty stag is to drink of the refreshing waters.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1697 on: February 24, 2020, 04:13:27 AM »

'Do not despise the work of God, which is always true and just, though it is hard. In heaven shall be raised what is always humble.'

St. Umilta of Faenza

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1698 on: February 26, 2020, 09:09:05 PM »

'Let every knee bend before Thee, O greatness of my God, so supremely humbled in the Sacred Host. May every heart love Thee, every spirit adore Thee and every will be subject to Thee.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1699 on: February 28, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »

'The true way of holiness is the way of faith. He who walks in pure faith abandons himself into the hands of God, as a child in its mother's arms.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1700 on: February 29, 2020, 05:55:05 PM »

'A self-indulgent monk has achieved nothing through his renunciation. For what he once did through possessions he still does though possessing nothing. Moreover, the self-controlled man, if he clings to possessions, is a brother in spirit of this kind of monk; because they both feel inward enjoyment they have the same mother - though not the same father, since each has a different passion.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1701 on: March 01, 2020, 09:14:52 AM »

'When you have not the means of helping your neighbor, recommend him fervently to God, Whose sovereign dominion holds all creatures in His hand. Counsels gently given heal every wound, but given with asperity only serve to aggravate it tenfold.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: March 01, 2020, 09:07:16 PM »

'Experience teaches that the man who exercises a frequent and rigid censorship over his thoughts, words and action, is better capable of hating and avoiding evil and of cultivating earnestly what is good.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: March 01, 2020, 09:15:19 PM »

'The soul's immortality resides in dispassion and spiritual knowledge; no slave to sensual pleasure can attain it.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: March 02, 2020, 10:10:39 PM »

'You may object that a person on whom both good and evil make the same impression is a pure fiction. It is nothing of the kind. I know people who are just as happy if they are sick or if they are well, if they are badly off or they are well off. I know some who even prefer illness and poverty to health and riches.'

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1705 on: March 04, 2020, 09:39:21 AM »

'Do not say: "I have fulfilled the commandments, but have not found the Lord". For you have often found "spiritual knowledge with righteousness", as Scripture says, "and those who rightly seek Him shall find peace" (Prov. 16:8. LXX).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1706 on: March 05, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »

'Satan. . . tries to introduce impurity by almost insensible degrees.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1707 on: March 06, 2020, 02:08:14 AM »

'Struggle until death to fulfill the commandments: purified through them, you will enter into life.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1708 on: March 07, 2020, 02:02:00 AM »

'What is this mystery in me? What is the principle of this mixture of body and soul? How can I be my own friend and my own enemy? Speak to me! Speak to me, my yoke-fellow, my nature! I cannot ask anyone else about you. How can I remain uninjured by you? How can I escape the danger of my own nature? I have made a promise to Christ that I will fight you, yet how can I defeat your tyranny? But this I have resolved, namely, that I am going to master you.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1709 on: March 07, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »

'While in bed I will turn my heart toward the nearest church, to think about our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, asking the angels to watch for me so that, while I do God's will in sleeping, my heart may keep vigil.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1710 on: March 08, 2020, 05:30:10 AM »

'Blessed the one who has made his fellow servants glad with spiritual gladness from the fruit of the virtues, which he planted by toiling to give back the fruit of life in the Lord.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: March 08, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »

'Sursum corda, then; let us lift up our hearts and generously serve our great God and Our Lord Jesus in faith and pure love. Amen.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: