Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700868 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: April 17, 2020, 05:32:57 PM »

'O my dear parishioners, let us endeavor to get to heaven! There we shall see God. How happy we shall feel! If the parish is converted we shall go there in procession with the parish priest at the head. . . We must get to heaven! What a pity it would be if some of you were to find yourselves on the other side!'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: April 22, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »

'When a man prepares to build a house, he gathers together all he needs to be able to construct it, and he collects different sorts of materials. So it is with us; let us acquire a little of the virtues.'

St. Poemen

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1746 on: April 23, 2020, 11:03:19 PM »

'God desires from you the least degree of purity of conscience more than all the works you can perform.'

St. John of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1747 on: April 24, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »

'He who prays with understanding patiently accepts circumstances, whereas he who resents them has not yet attained pure prayer.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1748 on: April 25, 2020, 12:58:19 AM »

'Behold, the hour cometh, and it is now come, that you shall be scattered every man to his own, and me you shall leave alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.'

John 16:32

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1749 on: April 25, 2020, 01:00:20 AM »

'Spiritual reading, vigils, prayer and psalmody prevent the intellect from being deluded by the passions.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: April 26, 2020, 12:47:45 AM »

'Poor human reason, when it trusts in itself, substitutes the strangest absurdities for the highest divine concepts.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1751 on: April 27, 2020, 03:19:06 AM »

'It is obligatory on us to lead to Jesus Christ our Lord, by the most direct and surest path, those who live under the same roof with us.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: April 28, 2020, 01:33:22 AM »

'What consolation does one not experience in carrying the Cross with Jesus? What joys inundate the heart of one who is in sanctifying grace?'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: April 29, 2020, 01:59:03 AM »

'He who loves Me, says the Lord, will keep My commandments (cf. John 14:15, 23); and "this is My commandment, that you love one another" (John 15:12). Thus he who does not love his neighbor fails to keep the commandment, and so cannot love the Lord.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1754 on: April 29, 2020, 11:58:17 AM »

'With Him we shall always live, having become sons of God through Him; with Him we shall always rejoice, having been restored by His blood.'

St. Cyprian of Carthage

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: April 30, 2020, 01:22:53 AM »

'I commend to you devotion in helping your neighbor's soul in such a manner, that you always have a care of your own, to preserve and perfect it in every kind of virtue to the glory of the Lord our God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1756 on: May 01, 2020, 03:43:50 AM »

'In passing from a bad state to a good one there is no need of counsel, but in passing from a good one to a better, time, counsel, and prayer must go to the decision.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: May 02, 2020, 01:12:01 AM »

'As those thick vapours which rise from damp and wet places, cover the heavens with clouds and prevent the rays of the sun from reaching us; so also from surfeiting and drunkenness, smoke and vapour as it were rise within us, that obscure our reason, and deprive us of the rays of divine light'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: May 03, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »

'Blessed the one who has not been made drunk by wine like a prodigal, but has been made glad each day by the memory of the Lord, in whom all the Saints rejoice continually.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1759 on: May 04, 2020, 03:26:21 AM »

'As I have often told you, there is nothing so vile as the impure soul. There was once a saint who had asked the good God to show him one; and he saw the poor soul like a dead beast that has been dragged through the streets in the hot sun for a week.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: