Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 09, 2020, 05:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 409265 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1768 on: May 15, 2020, 05:40:42 AM »

'Prostrating myself at the foot of my Crucifix I said: "How happy should I be, O my loving Savior, if Thou wouldst imprint on me the likeness of Thy sufferings." To which He replied: "This is what I intend to do, provided thou dost not resist Me and on thy side dost contribute thereto.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1769 on: May 16, 2020, 04:14:05 AM »

'Humility and ascetic hardship free a man from all sin, for the one cuts out the passions of the soul, the other those of the body. This is what the blessed David indicates when he prays to God, saying, "Look on my humility and my toil, and forgive all my sins" (Ps. 25:18).'

St. Maximos the Confessor

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1770 on: May 17, 2020, 05:17:08 AM »

'It is therefore an indispensable obligation for all Catholics who are eager to prove that they are true sons of Holy Mother the Church to adhere to the holy faith of the Fathers, to preserve it, to die for it, and, on the other hand, to detest the profane novelties of profane men, to dread them, to harass them, and to attack them.'

St. Vincent of Lerins

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1771 on: May 18, 2020, 07:19:23 AM »

'We believe in the holy Church, that is, the Catholic Church; for heretics and schismatics call their own congregations churches. But heretics violate the faith itself by a false opinion about God; schismatics, however, withdraw from fraternal love by hostile separations, although they believe the same things we do. Consequently, neither heretics nor schismatics belong to the Catholic Church; not heretics, because the Church loves God, and not schismatics, because the Church loves neighbor.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1772 on: May 18, 2020, 07:41:26 PM »

'Every sin produces blindness; and as sin increases, so does the blindness increase. God is our light; as much, therefore, as the soul withdraws from God, so much the more blind does she become.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: May 19, 2020, 12:24:56 AM »

'Struggle until death to fulfill the commandments: purified through them, you will enter into life.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1774 on: May 20, 2020, 07:02:24 AM »

'He who has realized love for God in his heart is tireless, as Jeremiah says (cf. Jer. 17:16. LXX), in his pursuit of the Lord his God, and bears every hardship, reproach and insult nobly, never thinking the least evil of anyone.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1775 on: May 21, 2020, 11:30:10 PM »

'Thus, our Lord Jesus, all glorious and resplendently shining, ascended into heaven, triumphantly leading with him the noble tribe of holy Fathers, and fulfilling that which the prophet Micah had said long before his ascension: "And their king shall pass before them, and the Lord at the head of them." So that they all followed him with unspeakable joy, singing canticles of praises and thanksgiving to him, for their deliverance from all sorrow, and their entrance into all joy, and neverending felicity.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1776 on: May 23, 2020, 12:49:53 AM »

'. . . the heart of Mary became, as it were, a mirror of the Passion of the Son, in which might be seen, faithfully reflected, the spitting, the blows and wounds, and all that Jesus suffered.'

St. Lawrence Justinian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1777 on: May 24, 2020, 10:43:11 PM »

'I hope all from the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ Who is so filled with love for you that, cost what it may, He wills you should become a saint.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, to her brother a priest

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2020, 12:57:06 AM »

'Our sweet Christ, the Word Incarnate, has given Himself to us for everything that was necessary for us, even to the hard and ignominious death upon the cross.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1779 on: May 29, 2020, 06:07:11 AM »

'When an archer desires to shoot his arrows successfully, he first takes great pains over his posture and aligns himself accurately with his mark. It should be the same for you who are about to shoot the head of the wicked devil. Let us be concerned first for the good order of sensations and then for the good posture of inner thoughts.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1780 on: May 31, 2020, 05:11:26 AM »

'If we wish to keep peace with our neighbours, we should never remind any one of his natural defects.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1781 on: June 01, 2020, 02:45:44 AM »

'A man wanted to do evil, but first prayed as usual; and finding himself prevented by God, he was then extremely thankful.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1782 on: June 03, 2020, 12:20:48 AM »

'Oh, what a profitable exchange to give our hearts to God, and in return to be made the objects of his love. But, because we do not offer him the undivided affections of our souls, he does not bestow upon us all the treasures of his life.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1783 on: June 03, 2020, 12:21:03 AM »

'In all your needs, trustfully have recourse to the divine Heart, and I am confident that our Lord will provide for your wants; but above all be very grateful for the many benefits He has bestowed on you.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1784 on: June 06, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »

'In retirement, solitude and circumspection with thou find thy peace.'

The Blessed Virgin, to Ven. Mary of Agreda

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: