Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705581 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1776 on: May 23, 2020, 01:49:53 AM »

'. . . the heart of Mary became, as it were, a mirror of the Passion of the Son, in which might be seen, faithfully reflected, the spitting, the blows and wounds, and all that Jesus suffered.'

St. Lawrence Justinian

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1777 on: May 24, 2020, 11:43:11 PM »

'I hope all from the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ Who is so filled with love for you that, cost what it may, He wills you should become a saint.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, to her brother a priest

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2020, 01:57:06 AM »

'Our sweet Christ, the Word Incarnate, has given Himself to us for everything that was necessary for us, even to the hard and ignominious death upon the cross.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1779 on: May 29, 2020, 07:07:11 AM »

'When an archer desires to shoot his arrows successfully, he first takes great pains over his posture and aligns himself accurately with his mark. It should be the same for you who are about to shoot the head of the wicked devil. Let us be concerned first for the good order of sensations and then for the good posture of inner thoughts.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1780 on: May 31, 2020, 06:11:26 AM »

'If we wish to keep peace with our neighbours, we should never remind any one of his natural defects.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1781 on: June 01, 2020, 03:45:44 AM »

'A man wanted to do evil, but first prayed as usual; and finding himself prevented by God, he was then extremely thankful.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1782 on: June 03, 2020, 01:20:48 AM »

'Oh, what a profitable exchange to give our hearts to God, and in return to be made the objects of his love. But, because we do not offer him the undivided affections of our souls, he does not bestow upon us all the treasures of his life.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1783 on: June 03, 2020, 01:21:03 AM »

'In all your needs, trustfully have recourse to the divine Heart, and I am confident that our Lord will provide for your wants; but above all be very grateful for the many benefits He has bestowed on you.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1784 on: June 06, 2020, 10:15:40 AM »

'In retirement, solitude and circumspection with thou find thy peace.'

The Blessed Virgin, to Ven. Mary of Agreda

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1785 on: June 07, 2020, 12:45:50 AM »

'We must accept the adversities which God sends us without reasoning too much upon them, and we must take for granted that it is the best thing which could happen to us.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1786 on: June 08, 2020, 01:44:26 AM »

'He who hates the passions gets rid of their causes. But he who is attracted by their causes is attacked by the passions even though he does not wish it.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1787 on: June 10, 2020, 06:01:23 AM »

'Blessed Jane of the Cross prayed continually for those who gave her any displeasure. Hence her sisters in religion used to say: Whoever desires the prayers of Mother Jane must offer some insult to her. St. Elizabeth, Queen of Hungary, after having prayed for a person who had offended her, heard from God the following words: Know that you never said a prayer more acceptable to me than that which you have just offered, and on account of this prayer I pardon all your sins. Imitate her example, and you shall certainly obtain the pardon and affection of your divine Spouse.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1788 on: June 12, 2020, 10:19:35 PM »

'The servant of God ought to seek knowledge, but never to show it or make a parade of it.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: June 13, 2020, 07:32:30 AM »

'We must always remember that God does everything well, although we may not see the reason of what He does.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: June 14, 2020, 06:09:47 AM »

'How foolish to bother about a world full of such unreasonable people. One is proud of a name which he dishonors by a bad life; another prides herself on a dress which she owes to the skill of a dressmaker and which not merely covers a body made of dust but a corrupt soul; another gives up rest and peace to acquire a fortune he does not know how to use; others get furious over things of no importance or things which do not concern them. There is no charity in this world; men are left to die of hunger, while horses and dogs are fed with food that is refused to those who are created in God's image.

The reason why we hear so many complaints about the ingratitude of men is because those to whom we do good are really ungrateful and we ourselves set too high a price on the services we render them.

The trouble we take to please the world is lost. Often when we have had the best intention and made the most effort, the thing fails and no one is grateful for the pains we have taken. We may suffer for years without anyone noticing it; but commit a fault and everyone will be vexed and scold you. To help is not enough, you must please and this is not always in our power. Some have antipathies which make them take offence at everything certain people do, while a tiny service received from a favorite is praised and rewarded. This injustice can be pardoned to those who cannot distinguish natural virtue from real merit, but not to those who like to serve such a blind master as the world.'

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1791 on: June 15, 2020, 01:31:35 AM »

'It is therefore an indispensable obligation for all Catholics who are eager to prove that they are true sons of Holy Mother the Church to adhere to the holy faith of the Fathers, to preserve it, to die for it, and, on the other hand, to detest the profane novelties of profane men, to dread them, to harass them, and to attack them.'

St. Vincent of Lerins

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: