Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2020, 03:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 409153 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1802 on: June 27, 2020, 03:28:02 AM »

'God is your business and language. Whoever wants to speak to you must learn this language; and if he doesn't, be on your guard that you don't learn his; it will be a hell.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1803 on: June 28, 2020, 05:22:27 AM »

'The wretched Jews cried out: "We will not have this man to reign over us!" (Luke xix.14). We, on the contrary, desire to proclaim in the face of Heaven and earth: "We want Thee, Lord Jesus, to reign over us!"'

St. John Eudes

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1804 on: June 29, 2020, 02:20:01 AM »

'Pray that temptation may not come to you; but when it comes, accept it as your due and not undeserved.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1805 on: June 30, 2020, 06:40:12 AM »

'My greatest happiness is to be before the Blessed Sacrament, where my heart is, as it were, in Its center.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1806 on: July 01, 2020, 03:15:53 AM »

'Crosses, contempt, sorrows and afflictions are the real treasures of the lovers of Jesus Christ crucified.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1807 on: July 02, 2020, 04:54:56 AM »

'Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father.'

1 John 2:23

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1808 on: July 03, 2020, 01:49:10 AM »

'If you wish to overcome impassioned thoughts, acquire self-control and love for your neighbor.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1809 on: July 04, 2020, 01:43:31 AM »

'Whenever we do a good work, and somebody else takes the credit of it, we ought to rejoice, and acknowledge it as a gift from God. Anyhow, we ought not to be sorry, because if others diminish our glory before men, we shall recover it with all the more honour before God.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1810 on: July 05, 2020, 01:39:52 AM »

'Accept present afflictions for the sake of future blessings; then you will never weaken in your struggle.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1811 on: July 06, 2020, 12:26:37 AM »

'It is in vain that we cut off the branches of evil, if we leave intact the root, which continually produces new ones.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1812 on: Yesterday at 01:42:51 AM »

'Initially our search for wisdom is prompted by fear; but as we attain our goal we are led forward by love.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1813 on: Yesterday at 03:02:00 AM »

'One who is ill must not wish to do the work of a well man; let him compensate by moderation and patience, and not injure his health.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: