Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 03, 2021, 06:15:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 126 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 433343 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1936 on: November 20, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »

'And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is placed among our members, which defileth the whole body, and inflameth the wheel of our nativity, being set on fire by hell.

For every nature of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of the rest, is tamed, and hath been tamed, by the nature of man: But the tongue no man can tame, an unquiet evil, full of deadly poison. By it we bless God and the Father: and by it we curse men, who are made after the likeness of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing.

My brethren, these things ought not so to be.'

James 3:6-10

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1937 on: November 21, 2020, 04:02:08 AM »

'. . . Mary not only offered her Son to death in the temple, but was offering him up at every moment of her life; for she revealed to St. Bridget, that this grief which St. Simeon announced to her, never left her heart till she was assumed into heaven. Hence St. Anselm says: Oh Lady, I cannot believe, that with such a sorrow thou wouldst have been able to live one moment, if God himself, who gives life, had not strengthened thee by his divine power. And St. Bernard affirms, speaking of the great sorrow that Mary endured on this day, that hence forth she suffered a living death, bearing a grief more cruel than death.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1938 on: November 22, 2020, 06:18:19 AM »

'Just as the Angelic Salutation gave glory to the Blessed Trinity, it is also the very highest praise that we can give to Mary.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1939 on: November 23, 2020, 07:39:27 PM »

'Brethren and fathers, most people call the present days feasts, because of they get drunk and debauched during them, not understanding that these days demand abstinence from meat, not indulgence in drunkenness and intoxication. That is proper to a pagan feast; it is the business of Christians to exercise self-control and not to satisfy the desires of the flesh, as the Apostle teaches. Nevertheless evil has progressed into law and leads the world as it wishes. But let us, brethren, flee intemperance even in partaking of things that are permitted, for we know that intemperance is the mother of sin.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: November 24, 2020, 02:27:57 AM »

Vatican 1 Dogmatic constitution on the catholic faith SESSION 3 Paragraph 7
Thereupon there came into being and spread far and wide throughout the world that doctrine of rationalism or naturalism, – utterly opposed to the christian religion, since this is of supernatural origin, – which spares no effort to bring it about that Christ, who alone is our lord and saviour, is shut out from the minds of people and the moral life of nations. Thus they would establish what they call the rule of simple reason or nature. The abandonment and rejection of the christian religion, and the denial of God and his Christ, has plunged the minds of many into the abyss of pantheism, materialism and atheism, and the consequence is that they strive to destroy rational nature itself, to deny any criterion of what is right and just, and to overthrow the very foundations of human society.

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1941 on: November 24, 2020, 08:18:52 AM »

'He who suffers injustice escapes sin, finding help in proportion to his affliction.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1942 on: November 25, 2020, 12:18:43 AM »

'What we know of the virtues of the saints is the least part of them.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1943 on: November 26, 2020, 12:05:45 AM »

'The true peace of God, penetrating the depth of the soul, brings with it every help and grace necessary to secure its salvation and reach eternal life.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1944 on: November 27, 2020, 04:22:07 AM »

'It is God Himself who receives what we give in charity, and is it not an incomparable happiness to give Him what belongs to Him, and what we have received from His goodness alone?'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1945 on: November 28, 2020, 07:12:01 AM »

'The hour is finished - we may say the same of the year; but the time to do good is not finished yet.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1946 on: November 29, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »

'A man must not, however, abstain from doing a good work merely to get out of the way of a temptation to vain-glory.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: November 30, 2020, 04:44:30 AM »

'Concern for one's soul means hardship and humility, for through these God forgives us all our sins.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1948 on: December 01, 2020, 02:23:07 AM »

'Who could count all those who have had wealth, power, honor? But their glory, their riches were only lent to them, and they wore themselves out in preserving and increasing that which they were forced to abandon one day.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1949 on: December 02, 2020, 07:18:46 AM »

'Fear nothing and trust in Me. I am thy Protector and thy Surety. Within thy soul I have established My reign of peace which no one shall disturb, and in thy heart My reign of love which will fill thee with joy; of this joy no one shall deprive thee.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1950 on: December 04, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »

'Blessed the one who does not set his hope on man, but on the Lord, who is coming again in great glory to judge the universe with justice, for he will be like a tree planted by waters and will not fail to bear fruit.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1951 on: December 05, 2020, 03:32:38 AM »

'Strive always to preserve freedom of spirit, so that you need do nothing with the view of pleasing the world, and that no fear of displeasing it will have power to shake your good resolutions.'

St. Louis de Blois

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 126 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: