Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2021, 07:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 437841 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2000 on: January 28, 2021, 12:15:21 PM »

'To obtain the protection of our Blessed Lady in our most urgent wants, it is very useful to say sixty-three times, after the fashion of a Rosary, "Virgin Mary, Mother of God, pray to Jesus for me."'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2001 on: January 29, 2021, 04:27:41 PM »

'Almsgiving heals the soul's incensive power; fasting withers sensual desire; prayer purifies the intellect and prepares it for the contemplation of created beings. For the Lord has given us commandments which correspond to the powers of the soul.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: January 30, 2021, 12:29:46 AM »

'Angel of God and well-beloved brother, I trust myself to your beneficence and implore you humbly to intercede for me with my Spouse, so that He may forgive me my sins, strengthen me in well-doing, help me by His grace to correct my faults, and lead me to Paradise, there to taste the fruition of His presence and to possess eternal life. Amen.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2003 on: January 31, 2021, 04:49:25 AM »

'The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2004 on: February 01, 2021, 04:02:42 AM »

'Let us be careful that no image but that of God takes shape in our souls.'

St. Columbanus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2005 on: February 03, 2021, 03:35:43 AM »

'Run from places of sin as from the plague.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: February 05, 2021, 12:57:38 AM »

'Imagine yourself seriously indisposed, and that I, who love you tenderly, call to see you. After saying a few words of sympathy and consolation, I should certainly look at you with compassion and, through love of you, make your sufferings my own. Thus when we meditate on the Passion of Christ, seeing Him in such affliction, we ought to compassionate Him, and then to remain looking upon Him in so great torments, and, through compassionate love, make His sufferings our own.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2007 on: February 07, 2021, 04:17:55 AM »

'God takes especial delight in the humility of a man who believes that he has not yet begun to do any good.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2008 on: February 08, 2021, 12:22:58 AM »

'Let not confusion for thy fault overwhelm thee with despair, as if there were no longer a remedy.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2009 on: April 02, 2021, 03:00:24 AM »

'Meditate frequently on the sorrows of the Mother of God-sorrows inseparable from those of her beloved Son.

If you go to the crucifix, you will there find the Mother, and, on the other hand, wherever the Mother is, there, also, is the Son.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2010 on: April 04, 2021, 12:59:20 AM »

'I beseech you, my brother, should not we also, since we have the same aim [as the saints] and seek the same Easter, bravely and courageously bear our present condition, not falling, not succumbing to despondency, but rather roused with greater fervour watching for the wicked serpent who works to deceive us by the passions, transforming himself into an angel of light, and altering things from what they are; show dark as light, bitter as sweet. This was how he ensnared our forefather, bewitching his sight and depicting as beautiful what was not, and as a result through food casting him out of Paradise. But let us, who have learned by experience what a deceiver he is, not leave the paradise of God's commandments, nor, when he indicates to us that the fruit is beautiful, let the eye of soul or body be directed there, otherwise we are being caught in the snare. But let us flee by every means from looking. What the is the fruit which seems beautiful? The love of the flesh, the evil lust of every one of the destructive passions. If we avoid experiencing them, my brothers, we shall be saved and Easter to age on age, with all the Saints in Christ Jesus our Lord, to whom be glory and might with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and for ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 11, 2021, 10:34:02 PM »

Instruments of Good Works from the Holy Rule of Saint Benedict
47 To keep death daily before one's eyes
48 To keep guard at all times over one's actions
49 To know for certain that God sees one everywhere

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: