Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2021, 07:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 469788 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2016 on: April 21, 2021, 10:08:34 PM »

'Take in one hand a sponge saturated with water, and in the other a stone. Press them equally; nothing will come out of the stone, but out of the sponge you will force water in abundance. The sponge is the soul, filled with the Holy Ghost; the stone is the heart, cold and flinty, where the Holy Ghost dwelleth not.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2017 on: April 22, 2021, 02:24:07 AM »

'Let every knee bend before Thee, O greatness of my God, so supremely humbled in the Sacred Host. May every heart love Thee, every spirit adore Thee and every will be subject to Thee.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: April 23, 2021, 01:09:49 AM »

'Because of Adam's transgression the Savior became man, so that by nullifying the sentence passed on us He might resurrect all of us.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2019 on: April 23, 2021, 04:16:28 PM »

'Therefore, my beloved brethren, we should not look at these temporal things, but fix our attention on those which are eternal. Though affliction may come, it will have an end, though insult and persecution, yet are they nothing to the hope which is set [before us]. For all present matters are trifling compared with those which are future; the sufferings of this present time not being worthy to be compared with the hope that is to come. For what can be compared with the kingdom? or what is there in comparison with life eternal?'

St. Athanasius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2020 on: April 24, 2021, 12:35:10 AM »

'To him who hungers after Christ grace is food; to him who is thirsty, a reviving drink; to him who is cold, a garment; to him who is weary, rest; to him who prays, assurance; to him who mourns, consolation.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2021 on: April 25, 2021, 02:50:51 AM »

'All the little trials of body and mind are the first steps of that sublime and holy ladder which is mounted by great and generous souls. Step by step they climb to the top, on which is found pure suffering devoid of all heavenly and earthly consolation.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2022 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:01 AM »

'But if these beings angels guard you, they do so because they have been summoned by your prayers.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2023 on: April 27, 2021, 12:06:02 AM »

'Blessed are the actions enclosed between two Hail Marys.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2024 on: April 28, 2021, 12:12:36 AM »

'Anything we give to the poor will be repaid generously.'

St. Conrad of Parzham

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2025 on: April 29, 2021, 12:05:53 AM »

'You could not love Jesus if you did not possess the living source of holy and pure love, namely, the Holy Spirit. Our divine Redeemer said, "He that believeth in Me, out of his belly shall flow streams of living water." (John 7:38.) This He said of the spirit which they should receive who believed in Him. Therefore, when God enkindles in you the flames of divine love, holy, pure, and without stain, let yourself disappear in the infinite Good, and, like an infant, sleep the sleep of faith and love in the bosom of your heavenly Spouse.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2026 on: April 30, 2021, 02:08:54 AM »

'How austere and implacable he [St. John the Baptist] is! Jesus has not yet come, but look how Saint John prepares the way for Him! how he inspires contrition through repentance; how he heralds the coming of Jesus! How he leads to Jesus! How he decreases before Jesus! Debeo a te baptizari . . . '

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2027 on: May 02, 2021, 04:23:51 AM »

'It seems to me that the great desire that our Lord has that His Sacred Heart should be honored by some particular worship is to renew in souls the effects of His Redemption.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2028 on: May 03, 2021, 12:51:45 AM »

'The love of God makes us do great things.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2029 on: May 04, 2021, 03:13:45 AM »

'It is possible to offer fervent prayer even while walking in public or strolling alone, or seated in your shop, . . . while buying or selling, . . . or even while cooking.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2030 on: May 05, 2021, 04:40:03 AM »

'Blessed the one who has become a good example to his neighbour and not scandalized the conscience of his fellow servant by acting lawlessly, such a one will be eulogized by the Lord.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2031 on: May 06, 2021, 05:05:59 AM »

'The intellect energized by divine love cultivates good thoughts about God; but when impelled by self-love it produces diabolic thoughts.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 134 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: