Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2021, 04:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 467740 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2032 on: May 07, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »

'With Jesus let us think, with Jesus let us speak; let us labor with Jesus, let us rest with Jesus; with Jesus let us weep, with Jesus let us keep silence; let us pray with Jesus; with Jesus let us live, with Jesus let us die. May Jesus live in our minds. May Jesus live on our tongues. May Jesus live in our hearts. May Jesus live in our souls. May Jesus live at all times. May Jesus live in all places. May Jesus live in all hearts. Yes, let us always say: May Jesus live!'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2033 on: May 08, 2021, 12:38:53 AM »

'Love is a holy state of the soul, disposing it to value knowledge of God above all created things. We cannot attain lasting possession of such love while we are still attached to anything worldly.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2034 on: May 09, 2021, 04:49:23 AM »

'. . . the Angelic Salutation is the rainbow in the sky, a sign of the mercy and grace which God has given to the world.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2035 on: May 09, 2021, 04:52:46 AM »

'I shall do everything for Heaven, my true home. There I shall find my Mother in all the splendor of her glory. I shall delight with her in the joy of Jesus himself in perfect safety.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2036 on: May 13, 2021, 07:29:26 PM »

'In your patience you shall possess your souls.'

Luke 21:19

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2037 on: May 14, 2021, 04:40:05 AM »

'Search the Scriptures and you will find the commandments; do what they say and you will be freed from your passions.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2038 on: May 20, 2021, 12:55:53 AM »

'Cease rebuking a man who has stopped sinning and who has repented. If you say that you are rebuking him in God's name, first reveal the evils in yourself.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2039 on: May 22, 2021, 12:30:31 AM »

'Blessed the one who heart has blossomed like a palm tree by rightness of faith and has not been thrust out, as by thorns, by the heresy of the faithless and impious.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2040 on: May 23, 2021, 10:09:09 AM »

'Nothing created can bring to the soul joy equal to that of the Holy Ghost.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Among those who are united in our Lord Jesus Christ by the bonds of charity, and by the desire to procure the honor and glory of God, the most profitable words are those which the Holy Ghost engraves on their hearts by the prayers which they offer for one another.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2041 on: May 29, 2021, 03:26:47 AM »

'The man who speaks for God's sake does well; but he who is silent for God's sake also does well.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2042 on: June 01, 2021, 10:20:40 AM »

'Therefore, since such are the promises, let us not only bear, but let us endure with joy all things, both those that are present, those that are whispered about and those that are expected, as we listen to the Apostle when he says: Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is the Church [Col. 1:24]. And again Saint James who says:

My brethren, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing [James 1:2-4]. Do you see then that in trials there is joy, and in tribulations gladness? For these are the things that are exchanged where God is concerned; and this is how the saints led their lives; this too how we, by doing violence to ourselves and yet greater violence, and by living our life in their footsteps, shall inherit the kingdom of heaven, in Christ Jesus our Lord, to whom be glory and might, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and always and to the ages of ages. Amen.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2043 on: June 03, 2021, 05:58:39 AM »

St. Augustine says: "Learn to love your Creator in creatures; and fix not your affection on what God has made, lest you should become attached to creatures and lose him by whom you, too, have been created." This was the practice of the saint. At the sight of creatures he was accustomed to raise his heart to God; hence he exclaimed with love: "Heaven and earth and all things tell me to love Thee." When he beheld the heavens, the stars, the fields, the mountains, he seemed to hear them say: Augustine, love God, for he has created you for no other end than that you might love him.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2044 on: June 05, 2021, 02:52:06 AM »

'Angel of God and well-beloved brother, I trust myself to your beneficence and implore you humbly to intercede for me with my Spouse, so that He may forgive me my sins, strengthen me in well-doing, help me by His grace to correct my faults, and lead me to Paradise, there to taste the fruition of His presence and to possess eternal life. Amen.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2045 on: June 07, 2021, 12:30:46 AM »

'By praying for those who wrong us we overthrow the devil; opposing them we are wounded by him.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2046 on: June 08, 2021, 02:28:16 AM »

'You have been commanded to mortify the acts of the body (cf. Col. 3:5) so that when the soul has been made dead to pleasure you may bring it back to life through your ascetic labors.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2047 on: June 12, 2021, 03:21:53 AM »

'. . . faith has for its object the truths revealed by God or the Church, and it is nothing else but an adhesion of our understanding to these truths which it finds both beautiful and good. Consequently, it comes to believe them, and the will comes to love them.'

St. Francis de Sales

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: