Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700974 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2048 on: June 13, 2021, 02:00:16 AM »

'O you who are cold and dead, go to the fount of life!'

St. Bernardine of Siena

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2049 on: June 14, 2021, 06:45:24 AM »

'We ought to pray God importunately to increase in us every day the light and heat of his goodness.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2050 on: June 15, 2021, 11:59:29 AM »

'It is clear therefore that nothing is greater, and nothing better than to enter into the inner secret place of the mind always and in every tribulation and occurrence, and there to call upon the Lord Jesus Christ himself, our helper in temptations and tribulations, and to humble ourselves there by confession of sin, and praise God and Father himself, the giver of correction and the giver of consolation. Above all one should accept everything, in general and individually, in oneself or in others, agreeable or disagreeable, with a prompt and confident spirit, as coming from the hand of his infallible Providence or the order he has arranged. '

St. Albert the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2051 on: June 16, 2021, 04:40:06 AM »

'In order to make good use of time we must love ardently and constantly; we must surrender ourselves entirely to love, leaving it to act for us. Be satisfied to adhere to it in everything, but always with profound humility.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2052 on: June 17, 2021, 02:45:50 AM »

'Christ, Master of all, free us from all these destructive passions and the thoughts born of them.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2053 on: June 18, 2021, 12:05:56 PM »

'We know very well that it is not enough to fast exteriorly if we do not also fast interiorly, and if we do not accompany the fast of the body with that of the spirit.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2054 on: June 18, 2021, 12:06:22 PM »

' . . . we must fast with our whole heart, that is to say, willingly, whole-heartedly, universally and entirely.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2055 on: June 19, 2021, 04:12:06 PM »

'He who loves God lives the angelic life on earth, fasting and keeping vigils, praying and singing psalms and always thinking good of every man.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2056 on: June 21, 2021, 06:15:56 PM »

'If no poor could be found in the world, men ought to go in search of them, and dig them up from underground to do them good, and to be merciful to them.'

St. Camillus de Lellis

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2057 on: June 22, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »

'He who wants to cross the spiritual sea is long-suffering, humble, vigilant and self-controlled. If he impetuously embarks on it without these four virtues, he agitates his heart, but cannot cross.

Stillness helps us by making evil inoperative. If it also takes to itself these four virtues in prayer, it is the most direct support in attaining dispassion.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2058 on: June 27, 2021, 10:37:17 AM »

'He is the Source of all blessings, and will bestow them wherever the picture of His divine Heart is placed and honored.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2059 on: June 29, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »

'Prayer comprises the complete fulfillment of the commandments; for there is nothing higher than love for God.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2060 on: June 30, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »

'I shall do everything for Heaven, my true home. There I shall find my Mother in all the splendor of her glory. I shall delight with her in the joy of Jesus himself in perfect safety.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2061 on: July 11, 2021, 02:30:25 AM »

'If you are in the depths of poverty, stripped of all and of self, go and lose yourself in the Sacred Heart of Jesus. He will enrich you and will take delight in clothing you [with His own perfections] if you allow Him to act.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2062 on: July 25, 2021, 08:11:25 AM »

'Brethren and fathers, I often call your way of life blessed, not by way of flattery but truth; nor do I wish to call those in the world unhappy, but I aim to make you more fervent. Since too you know the sort of things that take place in the world, drinking bouts and drunkenness, revels and intoxication, shouts and caperings, and all the other things, whose condemnation is deserved, as it is written, which are the results of the activity of the evil one. But our manner of life is not like this. But what is it? Night and day we praise the Lord according to the legislation which has been handed down to us by our holy fathers. Psalmody succeeds psalmody, reading reading, prayer prayer. Government of thoughts in accord with the mind, in the heart meditation of divine words, timely stillness, fitting speech.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2063 on: July 27, 2021, 06:13:04 AM »

'As the reading of bad books fills the mind with worldly and poisonous sentiments; so, on the other hand, the reading of pious works fills the soul with holy thoughts and good desires.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: