Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2021, 11:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 470162 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2064 on: July 28, 2021, 05:14:10 AM »

'Bury all your misery in the mercy of the loving Heart of Jesus and think of nothing but of pleasing Him by forgetting self. Henceforth let Him do all that He wills in you, with you and for you.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2065 on: July 29, 2021, 12:03:59 PM »

'He who toils unwillingly grows poor in every way, while he who presses ahead in hope is doubly rich.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2066 on: July 30, 2021, 07:46:30 AM »

'You should bring to your praise worthy exercises a holy fervor, because you will feel, even in this life, its good effects, not only in perfecting your souls, but also in the peace of mind you will possess.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2067 on: July 31, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »

'The Father willed that his blessed and glorious Son, whom he gave to us and who was born for us, should through his own blood offer himself as a sacrificial victim on the altar of the cross. This was to be done not for himself through whom all things were made, but for our sins.'

St. Francis of Assisi

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2068 on: August 01, 2021, 12:01:06 PM »

'Let every knee bend before Thee, O greatness of my God, so supremely humbled in the Sacred Host. May every heart love Thee, every spirit adore Thee and every will be subject to Thee.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: August 02, 2021, 07:28:11 AM »

'Act towards our Lord with entire confidence and simplicity: do not spend time by dwelling too often on your past faults: this only serves to satisfy self-love and to discourage us.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2070 on: August 03, 2021, 08:25:04 AM »

'The Christian life does indeed mean battles and trials, but it also means consolations. And though I must leave Tabor and climb to Calvary, one day I will leave Calvary with Jesus and return to Tabor. A foretaste of Heaven awaits me there. My soul follows but one path: from Golgotha to Tabor. It leaves Golgotha to seek strength and courage at Tabor. Life is such a ladder.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2071 on: August 04, 2021, 02:53:00 AM »

'It is in vain that we cut off the branches of evil, if we leave intact the root, which continually produces new ones.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2072 on: August 05, 2021, 02:31:31 PM »

'If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all.'

St. Peter Canisius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: August 06, 2021, 01:14:05 AM »

'The King of Heaven deigned to be born in a stable, because He came to destroy pride, the cause of man's ruin.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: August 07, 2021, 09:30:12 PM »

'Wishing to show that to fulfill every commandment is a duty, whereas sonship is a gift given to men through His own Blood, the Lord said: "When you have done all that is commanded you, say: 'We are useless servants: we have only done what was our duty'" (Luke 17:10). Thus the kingdom of heaven is not a reward for works, but a gift of grace prepared by the Master for his faithful servants.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2075 on: August 08, 2021, 08:29:57 AM »

'In trying to get rid of bad habits, it is of the greatest importance not to put off going to confession after a fall, and also to keep to the same confessor.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2076 on: August 09, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »

'How can we form an adequate idea of Mary's triumph on the occasion of her glorious Assumption?'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: August 10, 2021, 04:35:03 PM »

'Ecclesiasticus says, that the fear of the Lord brings not pain, but joy and gladness: The fear of the Lord shall delight the heart, and shall give joy and gladness. Thus this very fear leads to the acquisition of a firm hope in God, which makes the soul happy: He that fears the Lord shall tremble at nothing, and shall not be afraid, for He is his hope. The soul of him that fears the Lord is blessed. Yes, blessed, because fear draws man away from sin. The fear of the Lord drives out sin and at the same time infuses into him a great desire of observing the commandments: Blessed is the man that fears the Lord: he shall delight exceedingly in His commandments.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2078 on: August 11, 2021, 01:24:33 AM »

'Prayer and communion are not to be made or desired for the sake of the devotion we feel in them, for that is seeking self, and not God; but we must be frequent in both the one and the other in order to become humble, obedient, gentle, and patient. When we see these virtues in a man, then we know that he has really gathered the fruit of prayer and of communion.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2079 on: August 12, 2021, 01:14:43 AM »

'Be humble and courageous in not giving way to despondency on account of your faults or of the slight vexations and humiliations with which you may meet.'

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: