Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 192 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 711593 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: August 31, 2021, 09:38:20 AM »

'If you want to be freed from all the vices simultaneously, renounce self-love, the mother of evils.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: September 01, 2021, 06:56:30 AM »

'If you pray truly, you will receive assurances of many things, and angels will come to you as they came to Daniel, and will enlighten you with understanding of causes, the wherefore of all things.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: September 02, 2021, 08:23:47 AM »

'Then I read the Gospel, and saw there that a great means of reaching perfection was the selling of one's goods, the sharing of them with the poor, the giving up of all care for this life, and the refusal to allow the soul to be turned by any sympathy towards things of earth.'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2099 on: September 03, 2021, 03:56:59 PM »

'Every time that some unexpected event befalls us, be it affliction, or be it spiritual or corporal consolation, we should endeavor to receive it with equanimity of spirit, since all comes from the hand of God.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2100 on: September 04, 2021, 07:36:12 AM »

'Do not act haughtily towards anybody, but, above all things, distrust yourself.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2101 on: September 05, 2021, 01:36:28 PM »

'When reading the Holy Scriptures, he who is humble and engaged in spiritual work will apply everything to himself and not to someone else.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2102 on: September 06, 2021, 07:40:55 AM »

'After fulfilling a commandment expect to be tempted: for love of Christ is tested by adversity.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2103 on: September 07, 2021, 07:33:10 AM »

'Ignorance of words will do no harm to the truly devout, nor will wisdom in speaking harm the humble.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2104 on: September 08, 2021, 07:25:50 AM »

'As you are of good will, I am sure that if you are faithful, the Sacred Heart will help you to make this sacrifice which will draw upon you many blessings. But you must not think this can be done all at once and without a struggle; there must be many a battle. To gain the victory you must persevere.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2105 on: September 08, 2021, 02:00:08 PM »

'This heavenly salutation draws down upon us the blessings of Jesus and Mary in abundance, for it is an infallible truth that Jesus and Mary reward in a marvellous way those who glorify them. "I love those who love me. I enrich them and fill their treasures" (Prov. 8:17, 21). That is what Jesus and Mary say to us. "Those who sow blessings will also reap blessings" (2 Cor. 9:6).'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2106 on: September 09, 2021, 08:07:56 AM »

'Remember that the Lord very often shows great favors to the unworthy, in order to manifest his goodness and munificence.

Our Lady to Ven. Mary of Agreda

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2107 on: September 10, 2021, 08:17:12 PM »

'Blessed is the intellect that transcends all sensible objects and ceaselessly delights in divine beauty.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 11, 2021, 01:57:42 AM »

'Blessed is the intellect that transcends all sensible objects and ceaselessly delights in divine beauty.'

St. Maximos the Confessor
"The intellect is not the soul, but a gift of God that saves the soul: and the intellect that conforms to God goes on ahead of the soul and counsels it to despise what is transitory, material and corruptible, and to turn all its desire towards eternal, incorruptible and immaterial blessings. And the intellect teaches man while still in the body to perceive and contemplate divine and heavenly realities, and everything else as well, through itself Thus the intellect that enjoys the love of God is the benefactor and Savior of the human soul. "
"Intelligence is the servant of the intellect: whatever the intellect wills, the intelligence conceives and expresses.
The intellect sees all things, including the celestial. Nothing darkens it except sin.
To the pure intellect nothing is incomprehensible, just as for the intelligence nothing is beyond expression.
By virtue of his body man is mortal: and by virtue of his intellect and intelligence he is immortal.
Through silence you come to understanding: having understood, you give expression.
It is in silence that the intellect gives birth to the intelligence; and the thankful intelligence offered to God is man's salvation."
Saint Anthony the Great

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2109 on: September 11, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »

'So let us remain, at first, in the presence of God in pure faith, with a deep sense of our nothingness, our sins and miseries; afterwards let us leave free to the soul the attractions of the Holy Ghost.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2110 on: September 12, 2021, 05:07:20 PM »

'I am ready, O Lord, to suffer the death which they threaten, and all the tortures which they can inflict, to endure even the fires of hell, rather than swerve in the least degree from Thy love.

And ye, foul demons, go on, employ all your might and rage; behold me ready to satisfy your hatred, to endure all you threaten me with, to the Day of Judgment, for the love of my Lord Jesus Christ.'

St. Alphonsus Rodriguez

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2111 on: September 13, 2021, 12:24:37 PM »

'My only desire is to unite myself to my God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 192 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: