Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:41:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700866 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2368 on: June 21, 2022, 07:26:32 AM »

'If someone shuts a snake and a scorpion up in a bottle, in time, they will be completely destroyed. So it is with evil thoughts: they are suggested by the demons; they disappear through patience.'

St. Poemen

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2369 on: June 22, 2022, 06:29:28 AM »

'Armed with prayer, the saints sustained a glorious warfare and vanquished all their enemies. By prayer, also, they appeased the wrath of God, and obtained from Him all they desired.'

Ven. Louis de Granada

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2370 on: June 23, 2022, 02:39:32 AM »

'We should never postpone a good work, no matter how small it may be, with the thought of later doing something greater. It is a very common temptation of the enemy to be always placing before us the perfection of things to come and bring us to make little of the present.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2371 on: June 24, 2022, 03:33:26 AM »

'Love overcomes, love delights, those who love the Sacred Heart rejoice.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2372 on: June 25, 2022, 06:09:49 PM »

'He who communicates most frequently will be freest from sin, and will make farthest progress in Divine Love.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2373 on: June 26, 2022, 05:10:07 AM »

'It is easy to infuse a most fervent devotion into others, even in a short time; but the great matter is - to persevere.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2374 on: June 27, 2022, 04:32:12 AM »

'Nature and grace cannot subsist together in the same heart. The one must always make room for the other.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2375 on: June 28, 2022, 07:51:16 AM »

'Many have fought in various ways against circumstances; but without prayer and repentance no one has escaped evil.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2376 on: June 29, 2022, 06:15:03 PM »

'When a man is reproved for anything, he ought not to take it too much to heart, for we commit a greater fault by our sadness than by the sin for which we are reproved.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2377 on: June 30, 2022, 07:44:48 AM »

'I will give them a Heart to know Me, and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, because they shall return to Me with their whole heart.'

Jeremiah 24:7

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2378 on: July 01, 2022, 02:37:39 PM »

'My son, give Me thy heart: and let thy eyes keep My ways.'

Proverbs 23:26

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2379 on: July 02, 2022, 05:45:50 PM »

'O Jesus! draw me into Thy Sacred Heart; and that I may dwell there, wash me from my iniquities, purify me from every stain. O most beautiful of the children of men, Thy Sacred Heart has been opened only that we may be able to dwell in it in safety and in peace.'

St. Bernard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2380 on: July 03, 2022, 07:17:57 PM »

'If you wish to arrive speedily at the summit of perfection, animate yourself to a true love of shame, insults and calumny.'

St. Ignatius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2381 on: July 04, 2022, 06:46:59 PM »

'The rich ought to reach that degree of perfection of possessing the riches of which they are the masters, with out allowing them to possess them.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2382 on: July 05, 2022, 08:18:33 PM »

'It should suffice for us that God is satisfied. I am sure that neither you nor I wish for anything else. Let us then love our Lord, and give Him all without reserve.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2383 on: July 06, 2022, 01:56:18 PM »

'God, heal your creature, that he not be ruled by the enemy.'

St. Poemen

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: