Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 190 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 705202 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2384 on: July 07, 2022, 04:27:14 PM »

'In saying the Pater Noster, we ought to reflect that we have God for our Father in heaven, and so go on making a sort of meditation of it word by word.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2385 on: July 08, 2022, 04:34:48 AM »

'On the day that we receive Holy Communion we should endeavor to keep our hearts as living tabernacles of our Eucharistic Jesus, and then visit Him often with acts of adoration, love, and gratitude; this is what divine love will teach us.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2386 on: July 09, 2022, 01:39:17 AM »

'The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light. But it your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness!'

Matthew 6:22-3

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2387 on: July 10, 2022, 01:28:26 AM »

'He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, both are abominable before God.'

Proverbs 17:15

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2388 on: July 11, 2022, 02:44:24 AM »

'The works of God are perfect, and all his ways are judgments: God is faithful and without any iniquity, he is just and right.'

Deuteronomy 32:4

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2389 on: July 12, 2022, 05:26:02 AM »

'And God is called the One who sits and who is the Ancient of days, in order that His character as eternal Judge might be indicated. . His garment is shining white like the snow, and the hair of His head is like pure wool. The Savior also, when He was transfigured on the mount and assumed the glory of His divine majesty, appeared in shining white garments. And as for the fact that His hair is compared to perfectly pure wool, the even-handedness and uprightness of His judgment is shown forth, a judgment which shows no partiality in its exercise. Moreover He is described as an elderly man, in order that the ripeness of His judgment may be established. His throne consists of fiery flames, in order that sinners may tremble before the severity of the torments [of hell], and also that the just may be saved, but so as by fire.'

St. Jerome

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2390 on: July 13, 2022, 04:16:50 AM »

'Fulfilling a commandment is one thing, and virtue is another, although each promotes the other.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2391 on: July 14, 2022, 06:21:10 AM »

'He will keep the salvation of the righteous, and protect them that walk simply keeping the paths of justice, and guarding the ways of saints.'

Proverbs 2:7-8

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2392 on: July 15, 2022, 07:14:49 AM »

'It is not only necessary to consider what God's zeal requires in itself, but one must apply and use this zeal to the interests of his neighbor.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2393 on: July 16, 2022, 04:26:45 AM »

'Christ is the savior of both soul and body, and the person who follows in His footsteps is freed from evil.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2394 on: July 17, 2022, 02:06:01 AM »

'We consider all that is imperfect and worldly in us, we shall find ample reason for abasing ourselves before God and man, before ourselves and our inferiors.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2395 on: July 18, 2022, 07:03:23 AM »

'I think you would please Our Lord by going to Him with the dispositions of the prodigal son, in such wise that fear may not banish confidence. It is not said, however, that this son, after having returned to his father, left him a second time.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2396 on: July 19, 2022, 06:16:33 AM »

'Each degree of prayer presupposes a purification.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2397 on: July 20, 2022, 12:36:19 PM »

'Blessed the one who loves gentleness with spiritual understanding and is not tripped up by the wicked Serpent, for he has as his hope the good and compassionate Lord.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2398 on: July 21, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »

'You aspire to great things? Begin with little ones.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2399 on: July 22, 2022, 06:22:34 AM »

'Where outward ascetic practice is concerned, which virtue is the most important? The answer to this is that the virtues are linked one to the other, and follow as it were a sacred sequence, one depending on the other. For instance, prayer is linked to love, love to joy, joy to gentleness, gentleness to humility, humility to service, service to hope, hope to faith, faith to obedience, and obedience to simplicity. Similarly, the vices are linked one to another: hatred to anger, anger to pride, pride to self-esteem, self-esteem to unbelief, unbelief to hardheartedness, hardheartedness to negligence, negligence to sluggishness, sluggishness to apathy, apathy to listlessness, listlessness to lack of endurance, lack of endurance to self-indulgence, and so on with all the other vices.'

St. Symeon Metaphrastis

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 190 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: