Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 189 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 700926 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2448 on: September 15, 2022, 02:59:22 AM »

'The Father spoke one Word, which was His Son, and this Word He speaks always in eternal silence, and in silence must it be heard by the soul.'

St. John of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2449 on: September 16, 2022, 03:12:06 AM »

'Poverty, hardship, austerity and fasting, such are the instruments of the solitary life. It is written, "When these three men are together, Noah, Job, and Daniel, there am I, says the Lord." (cf. Ezek. 14:14) Noah represents poverty, Job suffering and Daniel discernment. So, if these three works are found in a man, the Lord dwells in him.'

St. Poemen

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2450 on: September 17, 2022, 01:53:04 PM »

'Through contemplation, which acquaints us with this great truth that we are nothing and that God is all, our soul is plunged into the infinite love of the Supreme Good.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2451 on: September 18, 2022, 02:53:51 AM »

'To accept words of truth is to accept the divine Word; for He says: 'He that receives you receives me' (Matt. 10:40).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2452 on: September 19, 2022, 05:25:16 AM »

'Just as the thought of fire does not warm the body, so faith without love does not actualize the light of spiritual knowledge in the soul.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2453 on: September 20, 2022, 02:08:35 PM »

'The true peace of God, penetrating the depth of the soul, brings with it every help and grace necessary to secure its salvation and reach eternal life.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2454 on: September 21, 2022, 03:01:54 AM »

'Let not confusion for thy fault overwhelm thee with despair, as if there were no longer a remedy.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2455 on: September 22, 2022, 04:30:02 PM »

'In order to avoid all risk of vain-glory, we ought to make some of our particular devotions in our own rooms, and never seek for sweetnesses and sensible consolations in public places.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2456 on: September 23, 2022, 09:29:54 AM »

'It seems to me impossible not to think of God, our soul being filled with God and we absorbed in God. In the Pater Noster do we not say, "Who art in heaven"? Ah well! our soul is a spiritual heaven; there the Divine Majesty has His throne. How, then, is it possible to forget God, or not to love Him?'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2457 on: September 24, 2022, 06:05:45 AM »

'We ought to receive all things as from the hand of God, with resignation and gratitude.'

St. Fulgentius of Ruspe

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2458 on: September 25, 2022, 11:15:11 AM »

'As I was about to receive Holy Communion, our Lord told me that He would come Himself to imprint on my heart the mystical life which He leads in the Holy Eucharist, a life entirely hidden and annihilated in the eyes of men, a life of sacrifice and seeming inactivity. He added that He would Himself give me the strength to do what He required of me.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2459 on: September 26, 2022, 08:48:25 PM »

'In all your actions purify your intention, renew it several times a day, often repeat: All for the greater glory of God!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2460 on: September 27, 2022, 09:36:34 AM »

'What an honor God confers on us, when He calls us to travel the same road as His divine Son!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2461 on: September 28, 2022, 08:33:17 AM »

'When an intellect forgets real knowledge, it fights with men for harmful things as though they were helpful.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2462 on: September 29, 2022, 10:29:43 AM »

'Blessed the one who has become like the Seraphim and the Cherubim and never wearied in his spiritual ministry, unceasingly giving glory to the Lord.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2463 on: September 30, 2022, 10:20:10 AM »

'You must practice, at one and the same time, interior and exterior mortification; but with this difference, that you must give yourself up to the first particularly, always, and without exception; to the second, on the contrary, only as far as circumstances and the particular condition of persons and occasions will permit.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 189 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: