Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: Morning Prayers from 'The Key of Heaven' 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Morning Prayers from 'The Key of Heaven'  (Read 7817 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:45:50 AM »

Awaking in the morning, say:

O MY God, my only good, "the author of my being, and my last end; I give Thee my heart. Praise, honor, and glory be to Thee forever and ever. Amen.

Arising, say:

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

I will raise myself up from this bed of sleep to adore my God, and to labor for the salvation of my soul. O, may I rise, on the last day, to life everlasting!

While clothing yourself, say:

O MY God, clothe my soul with the nuptial robe of charity, and grant that I may wear it pure and undefiled before Thy judgment-seat.

While clothed, kneel down and say:

IN the name of the Father, etc. Amen. Blessed be the holy and undivided Trinity, now and forevermore. Amen. Come, O Holy Ghost, replenish my heart, and enkindle in it the fire of Thy divine love. Amen.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:05:50 AM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:53:10 AM »

What I like to note here is how every daily task is associated with Our Lord, with a prayer, and with grace.

So in the morning, rising, when clothing yourself, or, when brushing one's teeth, or taking a shower, or so forth, etc. Each task can be associated with Our Lord, and a prayer.

For example, when taking a shower, one can say, 'Precious Blood of Christ, and waters of life, wash over my soul, cleanse my soul, as this natural water cleanses my body, and be a salve and succor to the holy souls and all sinners.'

And so on, and so forth, one can with a little prayer and thought, find prayers for these moments that occur every day.

So, like a priest vesting himself for mass, with vesting prayers for each of the sacred vestments, preparing for his duties, or a laborer with clothing specific to his profession, we can think and pray about our tasks for the day, and prepare by associating prayers and preparation for our duties.

A mother for example, can put on her gloves for washing dishes or cleaning. A farmer for working in the fields... When going off on a journey, one should always pray for a safe one.

And after each task is finished, we should not forget to give thanks, or at least, or if we forget, to give thanks the next time it is taken up, before the prayers again for happy results.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »

'Nothing helps a man more than prayer.'
St. Philip Neri

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
RachelKH
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:40:51 PM »

This is why I have prayers posted all over the house -- Morning offering on mirror in bedroom, Divine Praises right next to shower towel, Prayer to St Joseph patron of workers above my mixer, Come, Holy Spirit on fridge door, Daily Offering on cereal cabinet, Magnificat in my room, etc -- no escape, haha, and it helps the kids see them and be reminded to pray always -- helps them 'know them by heart' at a young age too.

Heavenly Father help me to persevere, to strive where my will is weak, and to begin again where I have failed, that whatever I lack in love, I may put right in the trying. Amen.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »

That's a great idea!  Cheesy

Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »

Very good idea, Rachel. I would never have thought of that. Cheesy

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »

Prayer to St Joseph patron of workers above my mixer, Come, Holy Spirit on fridge door,

rotfl blue

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
RachelKH
Established

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »

Now, Brigid -- whyever are you laughing? Cheesy

Heavenly Father help me to persevere, to strive where my will is weak, and to begin again where I have failed, that whatever I lack in love, I may put right in the trying. Amen.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »

A model house! Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »

The idea of a prayer to St. Joseph when mixing (well, that one is somewhat understandable for a mother) or to the Holy Spirit when tempted by the insides of the refir. - have to remember that one when dieting (which is always, now).

Good thinking Rachel!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 08:31:27 PM »

The idea of a prayer to St. Joseph when mixing (well, that one is somewhat understandable for a mother) or to the Holy Spirit when tempted by the insides of the refir. - have to remember that one when dieting (which is always, now).

Good thinking Rachel!

I say, that's a great idea Brigid! You put a prayer on the fridge, and perhaps say it almost every time you open it!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »

Rachel and Brigid, quite inspiration stuff here. Cheesy

Hmm.. and this is reminding me..

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »

There's a pious practice, one can ask to have done. One can ask one's angel to pray a particular prayer whenever you do a particular thing. For example you could say, 'My dear guardian angel, I humbly request that when I go to eat meals, you pray for me to eat properly and abstemiously. That you pray this for my every meal, so long as it is necessary.'

And then, of course, it would be one's part to recall this and be thankful for it at the least. One can do this in other ways too, 'Please pray for the holy souls, the 'Precious Blood' prayers of St. Gertrude the Great, when I do.. (something).'

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Prayer Requests  |  Topic: Morning Prayers from 'The Key of Heaven' « previous next »
Jump to: