Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:33:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: What was Satan's first sin? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What was Satan's first sin?  (Read 31417 times)
FrozenConcentrate

I Love You Mother Mary

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »

I believe that Satan's first sin was pride... and that the first sin of Adam and Eve was also pride. I believe that the very origin of sin is pride... which might be why they call it "original" sin.  Little Angel

Totus tuus: I am all thine, and all that I have is thine, O my loving Jesus, through Mary, Thy Holy Mother.
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »

I believe so too Rastapasta.  I have a question.  Since I have free will will it still be possible for me to sin after I get to heaven after years (and years....! in Purgatory) like Lucifer did? Would it still be possible for me to have pride creep in and rebel against God after going to heaven?  Huh? Or was everything cleaned up after Lucifer was thrown out?

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 03:48:14 AM »

I believe so too Rastapasta.  I have a question.  Since I have free will will it still be possible for me to sin after I get to heaven after years (and years....! in Purgatory) like Lucifer did? Would it still be possible for me to have pride creep in and rebel against God after going to heaven?  Huh? Or was everything cleaned up after Lucifer was thrown out?
When you go to heaven Patricia, you will take on God’s own nature, He will indwell you completely. We know that God cannot sin. That too will be our nature in heaven. Though we will still have a free will,  it will be good bye to sin and good riddence too; we will have no inclination at all to sin Smiley

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »

But will it be possible to commit the same folly as Lucifer and his fallen angels did while in heaven? Undecided

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »

No, no, because Lucifer didn't have the beatific vision of God.

Once you have this, you will never part from God or sin again.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »

That's a relief. But why didn't Lucifer have the beatific vision? Don't all angels in heaven have the beatific vision?  Huh?

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »

No, when the angels were all first created they were all like Adam and Eve, they started off in a state of probation.

No one has ever had the beatific vision without being put through a test first.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »

The story of Adam and Eve and the story of the angels.. it is a similar history. . no?

Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:19 AM »

Thanks, good to learn. Little Angel

pebbles

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »

Isn't PRIDE which is Satan's sin?  Huh?  Lucifer is the most beautiful angel...His name mean light right? He was so proud of his beauty... even thought he was more beautiful than God.

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »

Isn't PRIDE which is Satan's sin?  Huh?  Lucifer is the most beautiful angel...His name mean light right? He was so proud of his beauty... even thought he was more beautiful than God.

Huh?

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
martin
Established

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you' save souls.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »

When Lucifer stood in rebellion against God it was the voice of St Michael (from a lower rank of the angelic choirs) who defended the glory of God with the words, "Who is like unto God." 
Those words are now a powerful prayer against temptation.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
(Galatians 2:20)
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 03:21:25 AM »

Satan's first sin was to say "Non Serviam." (I will not serve.) to God.
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 11:06:54 AM »

Yes, he was full of himself

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
pebbles

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 01:40:15 AM »

Could this be a response to God that angels are to guide man?  It's like he doesn't understand doesn't want to understand why God loves us so much.  We are such flawed creatures and yet we are the most beloved.
Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2021, 04:46:23 PM »

I have trouble conceiving the possibility of sin in Heaven, therefore I not comfortable with the typical explanations given by most people. The fallen angels, created as pure spirits, must have done something that was not in essence a sin. Since all creatures, material and spiritual, have the free will of choosing to accept God or not, it could be possible to reject Him without committing any sin. This possibility must be true in order to keep free will valid. The consequences of rejecting God, in the other hand, must have left these angels without the necessary state of grace to keep them without sin. Once they were able to commit sin there was no place for them in Heaven anymore. Since they are pure spirits, the mentioned battle with Michael and the other faithful angels has no literal meaning. No swords, no weapons, no violence. Sin is incompatible with Heaven, and like two equal magnetic poles, they repeal each other. There was no place to go in the Universe other than Earth. Where man has just evolved and has been provided with a soul. All of this, of course, is just theory. Please, feel free to comment on this and bear with me because my English is not that good.
Your suppositions are incorrect. The devil sinned by apostasy. He chose to abandon the worship of God and the religion of the angels and to establish himself with a throne in heaven in opposition to God and claiming to be "like the Most High".
The Holy Archangel Michael shouted down the devil saying "Who is like God?" And God cast satan and his apostate angels out of heaven and they fell as lightning!
Thus, all the angels that apostatized and worshipped the devil instead of God were cast out of heaven with all justice!
You do not get to choose to reject God, rejection of God IS Hell. The devil and his apostate angels chose hell, because they would rather burn in unending fire than serve and worship the Lord God.
The fall of the devil happened before the earth was made. It is typically associated with the verse And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Thus, the heavenly reality is said to have first been created before the corporeal reality was made.
Rather the devil, being in a state of hell, wished for all humans to become like him and join in his apostasy from Almighty God.
Though, God knew the evil deeds of the devil before they occurred, God already had planned to send a Savior even before the Fall of Man.

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Everything Else  |  Topic: What was Satan's first sin? « previous next »
Jump to: