Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 05, 2020, 03:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Samaritan Woman 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Samaritan Woman  (Read 2943 times)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »

As a convert to Catholicism (and one who was not even baptized within protestantism until her late teens and who's parents greatly respected Judaism) I really relate to the Samaritan woman. This is a passage I keep opening to in the Scriptures every morning:

Jesus answered and said to her, "If thou didst know the gift of God, and who it is who says to thee, 'Give me to drink,' thou, perhaps, wouldst have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." The woman said to him, "Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Whence then hast thou living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob who gave us the well, and drank from it, himself, and his sons, and his flocks? "In answer Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again. He, however, who drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him shall become in him a fountain of water, springing up unto life everlasting." The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water that I may not thirst, or come here to draw."   John 4:10-15

[my own bolding]

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »

I quoted this the other day to a fellow who was complaining about a glass half empty. Smiley

Many people love this scripture! With good reason!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:22:41 PM »

[shakes head]

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »

Shin,

I don't think you may realize how you make me chuckle. Although your note, when "a glass half empty" taken as being pessimistic is serious/joyous in this context, when looked at as a metaphor is totally silly. rotfl

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »

Shin,

I don't think you may realize how you make me chuckle. Although your note, when "a glass half empty" taken as being pessimistic is serious/joyous in this context, when looked at as a metaphor is totally silly. rotfl

happy roll

I missed that until you said it! What a mixed metaphor! lol!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: The Samaritan Woman « previous next »
Jump to: