Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Latest Work.. Psalters.. Patricia.. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Latest Work.. Psalters.. Patricia..  (Read 4152 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:06:30 AM »

Here is a little example of the latest work for the websites.. The Psalter is being edited and prepared for easy readability and addition to the prayer generator.. and also for its own separate page along with the Psalter of the Blessed Virgin..

I also have the Clementine Vulgate text which I would like to add to each psalm, to help those who like to learn Latin and pray in Latin. I will do my best to get it in there, though it might not appear along with the English immediately.

I also wished to add the Latin to the Psalter of the Blessed Virgin, but I have tabled this for a time -- I intend to work on it, but it is difficult, as the Latin is harder to prepare.

And that is some of the latest news from the websites.. Smiley

Except I must also add, that Patricia has done some wonderful volunteer work for Saints' Quotes.. I don't want to spoil the reward in Heaven with too much notice on earth.. . but she deserves a great deal of love for the large contributions of prepared quotations. Thank you Patricia! Endless thanks!

cross prayer harp harp harp flower violin violin tiny angel angel bell angel blue angel yellow big grin rejoice cheers  harp harp harp angel yellow cross prayer

I know the quotes God guided her to find and give to us all will be inspiring souls in beautiful ways.

Psalm 1

Blessed is the man who hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the chair of pestilence:
But his will is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he shall meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree which is planted near the running waters, which shall bring forth its fruit, in due season. And his leaf shall not fall off:
and all whatsoever he shall do shall prosper.

Not so the wicked, not so:
but like the dust, which the wind driveth from the face of the earth.

Therefore the wicked shall not rise again in judgment:
nor sinners in the council of the just.

For the Lord knoweth the way of the just:
and the way of the wicked shall perish.

Psalm 2

Why have the Gentiles raged, and the prople devised vain things?

The kings of the earth stood up, and the princes met together, against the Lord, and against his Christ.

Let us break their bonds asunder:
and let us cast away their yoke from us.

He that dwelleth in heaven shall laugh at them:
and the Lord shall deride them.

Then shall he speak to them in his anger, and trouble them in his rage.

But I am appointed king by him over Sion, his holy mountain, preaching his comandment.

The Lord hath said to me:
Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I will give thee the Gentiles for thy inheritance, and the utmost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron, and shalt break them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

And now, O ye kings, understand:
receive instruction, you that judge the earth.

Serve ye the Lord with fear:
and rejoice unto him with trembling.

Embrace discipline, lest at any time the Lord be angry, and you perish from the just way.

When his wrath shall be kindled in a short time, blessed are all they that trust in him.

Psalm 3
The psalm of David when he fled from the face of his son Absalom.

Why, O Lord, are they multiplied that afflict me? many are they who rise up against me.

Many say to my soul:
There is no salvation for him in his God.

But thou, O Lord, art my protector, my glory, and the lifter up of my head.

I have cried to the Lord with my voice:
and he hath heard me from his holy hill.

I have slept and have taken my rest:
and I have risen up, because the Lord hath protected me.

I will not fear thousands of the people surrounding me:
arise, O Lord; save me, O my God.

For thou hast struck all them who are my adversaries without cause:
thou hast broken the teeth of sinners.

Salvation is of the Lord:
and thy blessing is upon thy people.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:14:19 PM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:54 AM »

Thanks Shin! flower The volunteer work I put in is just a drop in the ocean, so I'm a little embarrassed Embarrassed  but I'm happy to be contributing too Smiley

We are looking forward to the Latin that you are preparing. I wish I knew how to speak and write Latin. I  learned the Hail Mary, Our Father and Glory be in Latin by heart, but that took me days!  I taught the Latin prayers to my kids and its unbelievable how fast children learn. Like sponges they soak it in Smiley

Thank you , again.

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 06:40:09 AM »

You're welcome, very much. Smiley

I have put the English Psalter in Saints' Prayers, now I am working on the Latin, though taking breaks from that and going back to the quotations again, because the Latin work is more difficult.

I hope to have more of St. Maximos's quotations prepared soon.

I am slow with Latin myself, but this work helps it register with me more and more. The grammar, perhaps I will never have, I do not know, but the words I more and more recognize as I keep having to compare the texts with the English.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 06:40:33 AM »

Aren't children wonderful?  Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »

(Wow, Shin, are you really up at 3:30 in the morning?). Shocked

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »

(Wow, Shin, are you really up at 3:30 in the morning?). Shocked

I have terrible sleeping habits!  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Latest Work.. Psalters.. Patricia.. « previous next »
Jump to: