Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:14:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Approaching His Sanctuary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day: Approaching His Sanctuary  (Read 1995 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »

'The Lord commanded the priests of the Old Law to tremble through reverence in approaching his sanctuary: Reverence My sanctuary. [Lev. 26: 2] And still we see scandalous irreverence in priests of the New Law while they stand at the altar in the presence of Jesus Christ; while they converse with Him, take Him in their hands, offer Him in sacrifice, and eat His Flesh.

In the Old Law the Lord threatened several maledictions against priests who neglected the ceremonies of sacrifices, which were but figures of our sacrifice. But if Thou wilt not hear the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep . . . all His ceremonies, . . . all these curses shall come upon thee . . . cursed shalt thou be in the city, cursed in the field. [Deut. 28: 15]

St. Teresa used to say: "I would give my life for a ceremony of the Church."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 08:42:34 PM »

I have been in a Catholic church where there was a sign on the door leading to the sanctuary.   
The sign read: Enter With Reverance.
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day: Approaching His Sanctuary « previous next »
Jump to: