Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Two New Books Added 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Two New Books Added  (Read 3032 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:28:42 AM »

Two new books have been added to Saints' Books.

First we have 'Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence' by Fr. Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure & St. Claude de la Colombiere.

Second we have, 'The Scapular' by an anonymous author.

These two books are rare treasure.

The first book is worth reading repeatedly throughout one's life. It has a special place in my heart as it is one of the earliest Catholic books I ever read. I would like to see people reading it far and wide.

The second book, is a pious history of the Scapular, and the Scapular Confraternity, along with a brief and pious history of the Carmelites. It is a contrast to what is often related as the new history today, a different perspective. This book reminds me of 'Divine Favors Granted to St. Joseph'.

I think many wearers of the Brown Scapular have wanted to enter into the spirituality of the Carmelites and the scapular, and this small volume is I think a key to that door. It brought me closer to the scapular, and clarified some things hinted at in other books.

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »

Very eager to read these books , Shin! The first one reminds me of a similar title by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, which I absolutely loved.
Thank you !!  crucifix

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »

Thank you Shin  thumbs up

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:17:49 AM »

I hope someday the Confraternity of the Scapular becomes like it once was again..  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: Two New Books Added « previous next »
Jump to: