Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 09, 2020, 06:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 399338 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1734 on: April 02, 2020, 03:34:08 AM »

'Almost every sin is committed for the sake of sensual pleasure; and sensual pleasure is overcome by hardship and distress arising either voluntarily from repentance, or else involuntarily as a result of some salutary and providential reversal. "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged; but when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, so that we should not be condemned with the world." (1 Cor. 11:31-32)'

St. Maximos the Confessor

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1735 on: April 04, 2020, 06:36:23 AM »

'He who suffers injustice escapes sin, finding help in proportion to his affliction.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1736 on: April 05, 2020, 06:55:39 AM »

'If in times of dryness in prayer we make acts of humility, self-knowledge, protestations of our own inability to help ourselves, and petitions for God's assistance, all this is real and substantial prayer.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1737 on: April 06, 2020, 04:29:36 AM »

'"In the company of the innocent, you will be innocent; in the company of the elect, you will be elect; and in a crooked man's company you will go wrong." [Ps. 18:26,27]

Let us, then, follow the innocent and the upright. They, it is, who are God's elect.'

Pope St. Clement I of Rome

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1738 on: Yesterday at 01:37:47 AM »

'Rejoice, O Virgin Mary! Rejoice a thousand times!'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: