Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 28, 2020, 01:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Night  (Read 390595 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1666 on: January 24, 2020, 02:27:00 AM »

'The man ensnared by pride will need God's help, since man is of no use to him.'

St. John Climacus

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1667 on: January 24, 2020, 06:26:06 AM »

'There is no need to prove the existence of Hell. Our Lord Himself speaks of it when He relates the history of the wicked rich man who cried out, "Lazarus! Lazarus!" We know very well that there is a Hell, but we live as if there were not; we sell our souls for a few pieces of money. We put off our conversion till the hour of death; but who can assure us that we shall have time or strength at that formidable moment, which has been feared by all the saints -- when Hell will gather itself up for a last assault upon us, seeing that it is the decisive moment? There are many people who lost the faith, and never see Hell till they enter it. The Sacraments are administered to them; but ask them if they have committed such a sin, and they will answer you, "Oh! settle that as you please."'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1668 on: January 25, 2020, 03:06:20 AM »

'Reaping unwillingly the wickedness we deliberately sow, we should marvel at God's justice.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1669 on: January 26, 2020, 05:34:48 AM »

'To labor, to suffer, to be silent, to complain not, to bear no resentment - these are the maxims of the saints, the maxims of a high perfection.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1670 on: Yesterday at 03:15:51 AM »

'Patience is necessary for the servant of God, and we must not be distressed at trouble, but wait for consolation.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Night « previous next »
Jump to: