Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 03, 2020, 06:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 195 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 763332 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: May 08, 2013, 06:21:21 AM »

Well I believe it! Living with others for the rest of one's life, and all the cares that go with the family..

It reminds me of Christ speaking about marriage.  crucifix

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: May 08, 2013, 06:22:26 AM »

"As to why self-praise should not be sought, I answer: No one is good in himself, except for me alone, God, and anyone who is good is good through me alone. Therefore, if you who are nothing seek praise for yourself and not for me from whom comes every perfect gift, then your praise is false and you do me, your Creator, an injustice. As all the good things that you have come from me, so all praise should be given to me. And just as I, your God, bestow on you all worldly goods - strength, health, knowledge, and discernment for considering what is to your advantage, and time and life - so too I alone should be glorified in everything, that is, if you make good and rational use of the things given you. However, if you make bad use of them, then the fault is yours and the ingratitude is yours."

Christ, 'The Revelations of St. Bridget of Sweden'

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 08, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

"Consider seriously how quickly people change; hold fast to God, who does not change."
 St Theresa of Avila

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: May 11, 2013, 10:03:59 AM »

'Frankly, I do not think the favors which our Lord promises you, to consist in an abundance of temporal things; for He says that these often deprive us of His grace and of His love, whereas it is with these latter gifts that He wishes to enrich your soul.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

This reminds me of a sermon I heard once on prayer and how it is interior conversion that is so necessary to pray for, our spiritual improvement in virtues. . I wish I could remember more of it -- the priest compared how this is heard by God, and how in the case of temporal goods, it is not the same.

Which reminds me of another quote about how we were not meant for an abundance of superfluities here..

George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 12, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

Fight all error, but do it with good humor, patience, kindness, and love. Harshness will damage your own soul and spoil the best cause.
St. John Kanty

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: May 13, 2013, 04:16:34 AM »

Great quote George!  Grin

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 13, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »

"It is better that the truth be known than that scandal be covered up."

St. Augustine

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: May 13, 2013, 03:14:26 PM »

And someday that great day will come, when the truth is revealed before all the earth, upon its ending, and new beginning.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: May 13, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

'Why do you fall into the destruction of the devil through him and with him? Preserve the sublime nature with which you were born. Persevere just as you were made by God. Establish your soul with the state of your face and body. That you may be able to know God, know yourself first. Abandon the idols which human error invented. Turn to God, and if you implore Him, He comes to your aid. Believe in Christ whom the Father sent to quicken and restore us.'

St. Cyprian of Carthage

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »

Don't you see that Satan and his agents take possession of all inventions and all achievements of progress to convert them to evil? All the more reason to finally wake up and get to work in order to reconquer the positions taken up by the enemy.
St. Maximilian Kolbe

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: May 15, 2013, 02:48:00 AM »

'A soul defiled by the passions becomes obdurate: it has to undergo knife and cautery before it recovers its faith.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1014 on: May 15, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »

'I will make thee appear so poor, so vile and so abject in thine own eyes, and will so completely annihilate thee in thine own opinion, that I may be able to build up Mine own Self upon this nothingness.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Humility is honesty. Humility is clear sight.

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 15, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »

We ask you, Our Lady, you who are called the Morning Star, dispel with your light the thick fog of allurements to evil which fill our souls.
St. Anthony of Padua

George ( Haji )
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 15, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »

DAILY COMMUNION

If it is "daily bread," why do you take it once a year?
 . . . Take daily what is to profit you daily.
 Live in such a way that you may deserve to receive it daily.
 He who does not deserve to receive it daily, does not deserve to receive it once a year.

St. Ambrose of Milan

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: May 16, 2013, 04:36:07 PM »

'Before giving his adorable Body and his Precious Blood, Jesus washed his Apostles' feet, to make us understand how necessary it is that we should be free form even the slightest sins. It is true that venial sin does not make our Communions unworthy, but it is the reason why we hardly profit by them.

See, in fact, how you have made your communions: have you become the better for them? Perhaps not. . . Why? Because you nearly always cling to the same habits. You have a horror of gross sins which bring death to your soul; but as for all those impatiences, those murmurings, those little subterfuges in your speech, they scarcely trouble you. You will suffer nothing, and be contradicted in nothing, and you want everybody to love you and think well of you.

You do not make the smallest effort to amend. Try and labour to destroy in yourself all that displeases Jesus Christ, and you will see how your Communions will make you walk with great strides on your way to heaven; and the more you do this, the more you will feel yourself detached from sin and turned to God.'

St. Jean Marie Baptist Vianney

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: May 17, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »

'Assuredly there is no one in the world who would not receive every kind of help from Heaven, if he had a truly grateful love for Jesus Christ, such as that which is shown by devotion to His Sacred Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 18, 2013, 12:57:28 PM »

"Temptations, discouragement and unrest are the wares offered by the enemy.
 Remember this:
 if the devil makes noise, it is a sign that he is still outside and not yet within.
 That which must terrify us is his peace and concord with the human soul.
That which comes from Satan begins with calmness and ends in storm, indifference and apathy.”
St. Pio of Pietrelcina

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 195 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: