Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2021, 02:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 843243 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3712 on: May 03, 2021, 12:51:31 AM »

'Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.'

St. Thomas More

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3713 on: May 04, 2021, 03:12:46 AM »

'The intellect is perfect when transformed by spiritual knowledge; the soul is perfect when permeated by the virtues.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3714 on: May 05, 2021, 02:31:36 AM »

'Love Him with all your strength, think always of Him, let Him do with you, in you and for you whatever He wills, and do not be anxious about anything else.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3715 on: May 06, 2021, 05:05:36 AM »

'If you wish to be in control of your soul and body, forestall the passions by rooting out their causes.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3716 on: May 07, 2021, 02:25:25 AM »

'Often tell Jesus that you love him very much, and that you wish to die for love of him. Behold our love, Jesus; behold our life, Jesus; behold our all, Jesus. Let us accompany Jesus in all his ways. When we are alone, let it be with Jesus in the solitude of Bethlehem when we are traveling, let us think that we are with Jesus in Palestine or on the way to Calvary; when we are lashed by biting criticisms, behold us scourged with Jesus; when we are fixed to the cross, behold we are crucified with Jesus.'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3717 on: May 08, 2021, 12:39:26 AM »

'In leaving God for God, there is a great spiritual gain and nothing to lose.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3718 on: May 09, 2021, 04:49:08 AM »

'The greatest event in the whole history of the world was the Incarnation of the eternal Word by whom the world was redeemed and peace was restored between God and men. Our Lady was chosen as his instrument for this tremendous event, and it was put into effect when she was greeted with the Angelic Salutation. The archangel Gabriel, one of the leading princes of the heavenly court, was chosen as ambassador to bear these glad tidings.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3719 on: May 10, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »

'There is nothing more to the purpose for exciting a spirit of prayer, than the reading of spiritual books.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3720 on: May 11, 2021, 02:35:27 AM »

'If God seems slow in responding, it is because He is preparing a better gift. He will not deny us. God withholds what you are not yet ready for. He wants you to have a lively desire for His greatest gifts. All of which is to say, pray always and do not lose heart.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3721 on: May 12, 2021, 05:27:49 AM »

'I assure you I possess naught but my Saviour Jesus Christ. Therefore He often says to me: "What wouldst thou do without Me? Thou wouldst be poor indeed!" '

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3722 on: May 13, 2021, 07:30:13 PM »

'What, am I not sufficient for thee, I Who am thy beginning and thy last end?'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3723 on: May 14, 2021, 04:40:32 AM »

'He would make you merit the crown He has destined for you, by giving you some small share in the sufferings He endured during the whole of His mortal life, and you are indeed happy, whatever trials you may be enduring, to be thus in conformity with Him.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3724 on: May 15, 2021, 02:50:10 PM »

'Mary having co-operated in our redemption with so much glory to God and so much love for us, Our Lord ordained that no one shall obtain salvation except through her intercession.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3725 on: May 17, 2021, 02:47:00 PM »

'If you wish to pray well, be faithful in the practice of mortification, avoid dissipation of mind during the day, and never commit any willful faults.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3726 on: May 19, 2021, 07:16:54 AM »

'Do not claim to have acquired virtue unless you have suffered affliction, for without affliction virtue has not been tested.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3727 on: May 21, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »

'Humble yourself whenever opportunity offers with true humility of heart. This is all, I think, that the Heart of our Lord asks of you.'

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: