Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2021, 04:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 238 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 856752 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3728 on: May 23, 2021, 10:08:30 AM »

'Let the sick man enter into the Side of Jesus and His most holy Wounds; let him not be afraid, but combat manfully, and he will come forth victorious.'

St. Philip Neri

'Cleanse your vessel, that you may receive grace more abundantly. For though remission of sins is given equally to all, the communion of the Holy Ghost is bestowed in proportion to each man's faith. If you have laboured little, you receive little; but if you have wrought much, the reward is great.'

St. Cyril of Jerusalem

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3729 on: May 24, 2021, 07:42:23 AM »

'The soul is strengthened through ascetic suffering, and dispels listlessness by doing all things according to measure.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3730 on: May 25, 2021, 07:40:03 PM »

On the feasts of the saints consider their virtues, and beseech God to deign to adorn you with them.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3731 on: May 26, 2021, 03:25:05 AM »

'The cheerful are much easier to guide in the spiritual life than the melancholy.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3732 on: May 27, 2021, 03:05:52 PM »

'You have preached, you have prayed, but have you fasted? Have you taken the discipline [a self imposed scourge]? Have you slept on the floor? So long as you have done none of these things, you have no right to complain.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, to a priest complaining about the indifference of his parish

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3733 on: May 28, 2021, 02:52:45 AM »

'Each man's knowledge is genuine to the extent that it is confirmed by gentleness, humility and love.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3734 on: May 29, 2021, 12:35:32 AM »

'Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.'

2 Corinthians 9:7

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3735 on: May 30, 2021, 12:30:50 AM »

'It is said that gold rules everything; but spiritual things are ruled by the grace of God.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3736 on: May 31, 2021, 03:43:27 AM »

'The greatest weapons of someone striving to lead a life of inward stillness are self-control, love, prayer and spiritual reading.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3737 on: June 01, 2021, 10:17:31 AM »

'In all your trials, arm yourself with faith, confidence in God, and deep humility of heart. Reiterate your commands to Satan; order him, in the name of Jesus Christ, to depart and betake himself to the place that God, on account of his pride, has assigned for him. Fear nothing.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3738 on: June 03, 2021, 05:52:19 AM »

'He whose mind teems with thoughts lacks self-control; and even when they are beneficial, hope is more so.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3739 on: June 03, 2021, 05:57:33 AM »

'When we see a beautiful object, a beautiful garden, or a beautiful flower, let us think that there we behold a ray of the infinite beauty of God, who has given existence to that object.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3740 on: June 05, 2021, 02:52:22 AM »

'One who is ill must not wish to do the work of a well man; let him compensate by moderation and patience, and not injure his health.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3741 on: June 06, 2021, 09:02:44 AM »

'The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble, because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3742 on: June 07, 2021, 12:30:17 AM »

'The continual remembrance of the presence of God engenders in the soul a divine state.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3743 on: June 08, 2021, 02:27:44 AM »

'Use the senses and sense objects as a means to spiritual contemplation but, on the contrary, do not use what provokes the desire of the flesh as food for the senses.'

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 238 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: