Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233129 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3856 on: September 26, 2021, 11:45:35 PM »

'Rejoice, my daughter, to conform thee to the shame of Christ.'

St. Catherine of Siena

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3857 on: September 27, 2021, 06:11:59 AM »

'I call consolation every increase of faith, hope, and charity, all interior joy which summons and animates man to desire heavenly things, and to wish for his soul's salvation; in fine, all that which, brings to it repose and peace in its Lord and Maker.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3858 on: September 28, 2021, 03:46:57 AM »

'The moth flies round the flame and falls into it; let your soul be drawn into the divine light and consumed in it.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3859 on: September 29, 2021, 02:51:22 AM »

'He is perfect in the school of Christ who despises being despised, rejoices in self-contempt, and accounts himself to be very nothingness.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3860 on: September 30, 2021, 04:18:32 AM »

'Correction should be given calmly and with discernment, at seasonable times, according to the dictates of reason, and not at the impulse of anger.'

Ven. Louis de Granada

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3861 on: October 01, 2021, 08:40:45 PM »

'In all your actions purify your intention, renew it several times a day, often repeat: All for the greater glory of God!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3862 on: October 02, 2021, 04:48:38 AM »

'Raise thy heart and thy love toward the sweet and most holy cross, which soothes every pain!'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3863 on: October 03, 2021, 05:06:08 AM »

'If a man has some spiritual gift and feels compassion for those who do not have it, he preserves the gift because of his compassion. But a boastful man will lose it through succumbing to the temptations of boastfulness.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3864 on: October 04, 2021, 07:14:36 AM »

'The Creator of Angels is not said to have been clad in purple, but to have been wrapped in rags. Let worldly pride blush at the resplendent humility of the Saviour.'

St. Peter Damian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3865 on: October 05, 2021, 10:44:11 AM »

'When through some sensual pleasure the heart is deflected from the ascetic way, it becomes difficult to control, like a heavy stone dislodged on steep ground.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3866 on: October 06, 2021, 04:40:37 PM »

'The lover of Jesus will be freed from evil; the disciples of Jesus will behold true knowledge.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3867 on: October 07, 2021, 03:01:47 AM »

'Avoid over-eagerness and strive to model your interior and exterior upon the humble sweetness of the loving Heart of Jesus, doing each of your actions with the same tranquility as if you had but that alone to do.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3868 on: October 08, 2021, 05:46:58 AM »

'This is the Great Work of a man: always to take the blame for his own sins before God and to expect temptation to his last breath.'

St. Anthony of Egypt

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3869 on: October 09, 2021, 07:08:51 AM »

'Blessed the one who has become fruitful in the Lord, that he may have the holy Angels as guardians, as a fruitful tree has its own husbandman as guardian.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3870 on: October 10, 2021, 05:27:58 AM »

'Impel your intellect continually to prayer and you will destroy the evil thoughts that beset your heart.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3871 on: October 11, 2021, 05:56:15 AM »

'Do nothing, say nothing before considering if that which you are about to say or do is pleasing to God, profitable to yourself, and edifying to your neighbor.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: