Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:44:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238767 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4064 on: April 26, 2022, 06:47:43 AM »

'If I have spoken to you earthly things, and you believe not: how if I shall speak to you heavenly things, will you believe?'

John 3:12

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4065 on: April 27, 2022, 07:13:01 AM »

'Christ prayed for three hours on the cross; this was truly a crucified prayer, without either interior or exterior consolation. O God! what a grand lesson! Beg God to impress it on your heart. Oh, how much food for meditation! While Jesus agonized on the cross He spoke His first three words, which were three arrows of love; and then He kept silence until the ninth hour, praying during the entire interval. I leave you to consider how devoid of consolation was this prayer.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4066 on: April 28, 2022, 11:34:12 AM »

'When a person who has been living a spiritual life for a long time falls into a serious fault, there is no better way of raising him up again than by exhorting him to manifest his fall to any pious friend with whom he has a particular intimacy: and God will reconduct him to his first estate for the sake of his humility.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4067 on: April 29, 2022, 03:31:19 AM »

'Another man's sin does not increase our own, unless we ourselves embrace it by means of evil thoughts.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4068 on: April 30, 2022, 07:59:29 AM »

'For since thou, O holy virgin, hast dawned as a bright day upon the world, and hast brought forth the Sun of Righteousness, that hateful horror of darkness has been chased away; the power of the tyrant has been broken, death hath been destroyed, hell swallowed up, and all enmity dissolved before the face of peace; noxious diseases depart now that salvation looks forth; and the whole universe has been filled with the pure and clear light of truth. To which things Solomon alludes in the Book of Canticles, and begins thus: "My beloved is mine, and I am his; he feedeth among the lilies until the day break, and the shadows flee away." [Cant 2:16,17]'

St. Methodius of Olympus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4069 on: May 01, 2022, 05:11:06 PM »

'By denying our self-love and our inclinations in little things, we gradually acquire mortification and victory over ourselves.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4070 on: May 02, 2022, 10:59:22 AM »

'What a beautiful thing it is to know that Jesus has preceded us down the avenues of suffering, and to know that we are pleasing to him and will gain from him an eternal reward.'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4071 on: May 03, 2022, 05:20:54 PM »

'The Saints await us; the Angels await us; Mary awaits us; and Jesus stands with the crown in His Hands wherewith to crown us if we shall be faithful to Him.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4072 on: May 04, 2022, 10:59:23 PM »

'Heaven grant that I may live to accomplish the Will of my God!'

St. Joseph, his oft repeated words, revealed to St. Bridget of Sweden

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4073 on: May 05, 2022, 05:40:06 AM »

'He who at the hour of death finds himself protected by St. Joseph, will certainly experience great consolation.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4074 on: May 06, 2022, 10:23:29 PM »

'The want of proper examination, true contrition, and a firm purpose of amendment, is the cause of bad confessions, and of the ruin of souls.'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4075 on: May 07, 2022, 05:19:47 PM »

'The Lord is hidden in His own commandments, and He is to be found there in the measure that He is sought.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4076 on: May 08, 2022, 02:05:38 PM »

'My children, some people make bad confessions without taking any notice of it. These persons say, "I do not know what is the matter with me" . . . They are tormented, and they do not know why. They have not that agility which makes one go straight to the good God; they have something heavy and weary about them which fatigues them. My children, that is because of sins that remain, often even venial sins, for which one has some affection. There are some people who, indeed, tell everything, but they have no repentance; and they go at once to Holy Communion. Thus the Blood of Our Lord is profaned! They go to the Holy Table with a sort of weariness. They say, "Yet, I accused myself of all my sins. . . I do not know what is the matter with me." There is an unworthy Communion, and they were hardly aware of it!'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4077 on: May 09, 2022, 02:56:05 AM »

'"Commit this sin; you can afterwards confess it." Such is the deceit with which the devil has drawn many souls into hell. Many Christians, now in hell, have been lost by this delusion.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4078 on: May 10, 2022, 03:26:45 AM »

'My son, give me thy heart: and let thy eyes keep my ways.'

Proverbs 23:26

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4079 on: May 11, 2022, 03:24:56 AM »

'We must not be too ready to trust young men who have great devotion; we must wait till their wings are grown, and then see what sort of a flight they make.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: