Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233197 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4240 on: October 27, 2022, 05:05:41 AM »

'Accept present afflictions for the sake of future blessings; then you will never weaken in your struggle.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4241 on: October 29, 2022, 07:58:06 AM »

'Everyone -- past, present, and future -- will be judged. Now, then, is the time for mercy, while the time to come will be the time for justice only. For that reason, the present time is ours, but the future time will be God's only!'

St. Thomas Aquinas

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4242 on: October 30, 2022, 10:41:28 AM »

'I myself have undergone your penance. I only ask you for your mortification to spend one entire night without stirring on your back.'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4243 on: October 31, 2022, 05:49:57 PM »

'O Jesus, my Love, may my heart be consumed in loving Thee; make me humble and holy; give me childlike simplicity; transform me into thy holy love. O Jesus, life of my life, joy of my soul, God of my heart, accept my heart as an altar, on which I will sacrifice to Thee the gold of ardent chanty, the incense of continual, humble, and fervent prayer, and the myrrh of constant mortification! Amen.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4244 on: November 01, 2022, 02:03:16 AM »

'The Saints await us; the Angels await us; Mary awaits us; and Jesus stands with the crown in His Hands wherewith to crown us if we shall be faithful to Him.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. [Mt 6.26]

The birds are the saints, who fly to heaven on the wings of contemplation, who are so removed from the world that they have no business on earth. They do not labour, but by contemplation alone they already live in heaven.'

St. Anthony of Padua

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4245 on: November 02, 2022, 05:43:25 PM »

'The greatest pain which the holy souls suffer in Purgatory proceeds from their desire to possess God. This suffering especially afflicts those who in life had but a feeble desire of heaven.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4246 on: November 03, 2022, 07:14:13 PM »

'The flesh revolts when prayer, frugality and blessed stillness are neglected.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4247 on: November 04, 2022, 11:57:37 AM »

'If we want to do something but cannot, then before God, who knows our hearts, it is as if we have done it. This is true whether the intended action is good or bad.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4248 on: November 05, 2022, 02:41:03 AM »

'Wretch that I am! Oh, most unhappy! Why did I not know my Lord sooner? Why was I so deaf to His calls?'

St. Camillus de Lellis

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4249 on: November 06, 2022, 04:42:52 PM »

'The first stage of this tranquility consists in silencing the lips when the heart is excited. The second, in silencing the mind when the soul is still excited. The goal is a perfect peacefulness even in the middle of the raging storm.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4250 on: November 07, 2022, 07:12:14 PM »

'The true peace of God, penetrating the depth of the soul, brings with it every help and grace necessary to secure its salvation and reach eternal life.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4251 on: November 09, 2022, 12:42:59 PM »

'Take it for a principle to concede readily in the beginning of a conversation with those whose aspirations are only earthly; but reserve yourself for the end and try to cover with a layer of gold the metal of their conversation, whatsoever it may be.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4252 on: November 10, 2022, 07:54:19 AM »

'It is good to help enquirers with words; but it is better to co-operate with them through prayer and the practice of virtue. For he who through these offers himself to God, helps his neighbor through helping himself.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4253 on: November 11, 2022, 07:35:31 AM »

'Question the beauty of the earth, the sea, the air distending and diffusing itself, the sky. . . question all these realities. All respond: "See, we are beautiful." These beauties are subject to change. Who made them if not the Beautiful One who is not subject to change?'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4254 on: November 12, 2022, 07:13:40 AM »

'Gregorian Chant has always been regarded as the supreme model for sacred music, so that it is fully legitimate to lay down the following rule: the more closely a composition for church approaches in its movement, inspiration and savor the Gregorian form, the more sacred and liturgical it becomes; and the more out of harmony it is with that supreme model, the less worthy it is of the temple.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4255 on: November 13, 2022, 08:34:04 AM »

'I think you will please the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, if you so completely surrender yourself to Him, that you will see Him alone and hear Him alone, that He alone may illumine your understanding, be the motive power of your will, the abiding thought of your memory and the supreme love of your heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: