Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1239014 times)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 30, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »

The greater the charity of the Saints in their heavenly home, the more they intercede for those who are still on their journey and the more they can help them by their prayers; the more they are united with God, the more effective those prayers are. This is in accordance with Divine order, which makes higher things react upon lower things, like the brightness of the sun filling the atmosphere.
St. Thomas Aquinas

George ( Haji )
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 01, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »

To suffer and to be happy although suffering, to have ones feet on the earth, to walk on the dirty and rough paths of this earth and yet to be enthroned with Christ at the Fathers right hand, to laugh and cry with the children of this world and ceaselessly to sing the praises of God with the choirs of angels, this is the life of the christian until the morning of eternity breaks forth.
St. Teresa Benedicta (Edith Stein)

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: February 01, 2013, 03:25:29 AM »

The greater the charity of the Saints in their heavenly home, the more they intercede for those who are still on their journey and the more they can help them by their prayers; the more they are united with God, the more effective those prayers are. This is in accordance with Divine order, which makes higher things react upon lower things, like the brightness of the sun filling the atmosphere.
St. Thomas Aquinas

It makes me think of a gigantic, ever expanding circle of lights. Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 01, 2013, 09:12:03 AM »

St. Thomas Aquinas

It makes me think of a gigantic, ever expanding circle of lights. Cheesy

Yes, and what a joy it would be to dwell amongst them.

George ( Haji )
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 01, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

To suffer and to be happy although suffering, to have ones feet on the earth, to walk on the dirty and rough paths of this earth and yet to be enthroned with Christ at the Fathers right hand, to laugh and cry with the children of this world and ceaselessly to sing the praises of God with the choirs of angels, this is the life of the christian until the morning of eternity breaks forth.
St. Teresa Benedicta (Edith Stein)

AMEN!

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #853 on: February 03, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »

'Thine eyes are the eyes of Christ; therefore thou mayest not turn thine eyes to gaze on any kind of vanity; for Christ is the Truth, to whom all vanity is entirely opposed.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

I am the root and stock of David, the bright and Morning Star (Apoc. 22:16). Mary is called the Star of the Sea" for as those who sail on the ocean are directed to the port they seek by observing the stars, so Christians are directed to glory by Mary.

St. Thomas Aquinas, OP., C.
Doctor of the Church

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #855 on: February 04, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »

I used to go to a church called 'Our Lady Star of the Sea'. Cheesy

They truly did up the altars beautifully around Christmas time.

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 04, 2013, 11:23:47 PM »

Ask the beauty of the earth, ask the beauty of the sea, ask the beauty of the ample and diffused air.
Ask the beauty of heaven, ask the order of the stars, ask the sun, which with it's splendor brightens the day;
Ask the moon, which with it's clarity moderates the darkness of night.
Ask the beasts that move in the water, that walk on the earth, that fly in the air:
souls that hide, bodies that show themselves;
the visible that let's itself be guided, the invisible that guides.
Ask them! All will answer you:
Look at us, we are beautiful!
Their beauty makes them known.
This mutable beauty, who has created it if not immutable Beauty?
St. Augustine

George ( Haji )
Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 05, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »

Ah, St. Augustine - a true Plutonian (follower of Pluto, not someone from Pluto).

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 05, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »

Ah, St. Augustine - a true Plutonian (follower of Pluto, not someone from Pluto).

Hi Brigid, what is a plutonian, been looking around a bit, can't find a thing . Especially connected to Augustine.

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:25 PM »

'Whether I eat or drink, whatever else I do,
The dreadful trumpet of the last day,
Seems always sounding in my ears:
Arise, ye dead and come to judgement.'

St. Jerome

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 06, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »

Hi Brigid, what is a plutonian, been looking around a bit, can't find a thing . Especially connected to Augustine.

A follower of Pluto (Christianized), dealing with the transcendence and beauty of reality, as opposed to a follower of Aristotle (such as St. Thomas Aquinas was - Christianized) who dealt with the rational laws of reality. St. Patrick was another who paid more attention to the beauty and transcendence of Christianity. I don't know if I put that in a way that could be understood.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:17:06 PM by Brigid » Logged

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 06, 2013, 05:18:43 PM »

To draw near to Jesus we must be so little....Oh! how few souls aspire to be little and unknown.

St. Therese

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #862 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:06 PM »

To draw near to Jesus we must be so little....Oh! how few souls aspire to be little and unknown.

St. Therese

Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

'Lord, Thou fliest from me, but I will suffer this trial as long as it is Thy good pleasure. I will always be Thine; although Thou wilt fly from me, I will yet follow Thee.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: