Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1240659 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »

'As the wax which we place near the fire assumes any form we wish to give it, so the loving soul ought to obey as soon as her Beloved has spoken.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 23, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »

All saints give testimony to the truth that without real effort, no one ever wins the crown.
St. Thomas Beckett

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #914 on: February 23, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »

'These are those who would not think of failing to hear Holy Mass every day, and, at the same time, will not deprive themselves of the satisfaction it affords them to attend the theatres, although the Church has always regarded these as pernicious, considering the ordinary sort of entertainment therein presented.

Again there are those who sometimes read books of piety, and afterwards pass the night in reading novels filled with the venom of bitterness of falsehood and immorality.

This caused Gerson, one of the most famous lights of the University of Paris, to say, of a novel writer, that if he knew him to have died without doing penance for his sin, he (Gerson) would think no more of praying to God for that man's soul, than he would think of praying for Judas.'

St. Jean Eudes
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:53:36 PM by Shin » Logged

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: February 27, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »

'If it be the duty of a Christian to pray to God before meals, he is not less bound to thank him after having made use of the gifts which came from his bountiful hand. It is, therefore, necessary to make, after every meal, a short but fervent act of thanksgiving.'

St. Jean Baptiste de la Salle

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 05, 2013, 01:00:34 AM »

Our enemy the devil, who fights with us, in order to vanquish us, seeks to disunite us in our houses, and to breed quarrels, contests, and rivalries, because, while we are fighting with each other, he comes and conquers us, and makes us more securely his own.
St. Phillip Neri

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: March 05, 2013, 04:29:18 AM »

'The virtues generate good thoughts; the commandments lead us to the virtues; the practice of the virtues depends on our own will and resolution.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: March 05, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »

'To obtain the love of God, I will call to mind the favors I have received from Him.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 06, 2013, 01:36:18 AM »

Put on the garment of holiness, gird yourself with the belt of chastity. Let Christ be your helmet, let the cross on your forehead be your unfailing protection. Your breastplate should be the knowledge of God that He Himself has given you. Keep burning the sweet smelling incense of prayer.
Take up the sword of the Spirit. Let your heart be an altar. Then with full confidence in God, present your body for sacrifice. God desires not death, but faith; God thirsts not for blood, but for self-surrender; God is appeased not by slaughter, but by the offering of your free will.
St. Peter Chrysologus

George ( Haji )
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 06, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »

Great quotes!!  Little Angel

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »

'But the believing soul longs and faints for God; she rests sweetly in the contemplation of Him. She glories in the reproach of the Cross, until the glory of His face shall be revealed. Like the Bride, the dove of Christ, that is covered with silver wings (Ps. 68.13), white with innocence and purity, she reposes in the thought of Thine abundant kindness, Lord Jesus; and above all she longs for that day when in the joyful splendor of Thy saints, gleaming with the radiance of the Beatific Vision, her feathers shall be like gold, resplendent with the joy of Thy countenance.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: March 08, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »

'I looked at Thy Cross, O Christ, and read there the song of Thy Love!'

St. John of the Cross

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 10, 2013, 01:12:17 AM »

What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That's what love looks like.

The measure of love is love without measure

St. Augustine

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #924 on: March 10, 2013, 01:53:37 AM »

Cheesy

Brigid
Established

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 10, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »

Those wounds which were scattered over the body of Our Lord were all united in the single Heart of Mary.

St. Bonaventure, O.F.M.

For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also.
Matt. 6:21
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »

Our Lady's wounded heart!

George
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 12, 2013, 02:39:23 PM »

Prayer reveals to souls the vanity of earthly goods and pleasures. It fills them with light, strength and consolation; and gives them a foretaste of the calm bliss of our heavenly home.
St. Rose of Viterbo

George ( Haji )
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: