Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233155 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: December 18, 2013, 04:09:23 PM »

George that's a great quote for me.

It can be  hard to welcome trials.. but I've always valued self knowledge a great deal.. so looking at it from that light.. Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
George
Prayerful
Established

Saint Joseph please pray for my children

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 18, 2013, 11:43:44 PM »

George that's a great quote for me.

It can be  hard to welcome trials.. but I've always valued self knowledge a great deal.. so looking at it from that light.. Cheesy

Yes, the journey towards self knowledge is filled with bittersweet loss and grace filled enlightenment. I'm going to be 62 in 2 months and the trials keep coming, I can't say I welcome them but I have learned to accept them and see the justice and wisdom, and mercy of God in them, knowing where he found me and where I am now. Still, I am adverse to suffering, but I pray every day for the strength to do His holy will. I often ponder on Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane, and falling 3 times under the weight of the cross. I've been blessed my trials are small.

Tonight I'll pray for Claire Davis, the young lady who was shot in the head in the Colorado school shooting, she's in a coma, her parents are asking for prayers for their precious daughter.

George ( Haji )
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1362 on: December 19, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »

Let's keep thinking of Heaven on this good journey of the cross!

Praying with you George!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1363 on: December 20, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »

'Love, glory and praise be forever to the Heart of our adorable Saviour, for It is all love, all loving and all lovable!'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Souls who aspire to a sublime union with God by contemplation usually suffer interior purgations in one way or another.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1364 on: December 28, 2013, 06:24:45 PM »

''Christ died on account of our sins in accordance with the Scriptures' (1 Cor. 15:3); and to those who serve Him well He gives freedom. "Well done, good and faithful servant," He says, "you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things: enter into the joy of your Lord" (Matt. 25:21).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1365 on: January 02, 2014, 01:46:59 AM »

'Hope is obligatory. I must, then, hope for my salvation.'

St. Paul of the Cross

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 04, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »

Do Not Be Anxious

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Matthew 6:25

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 04, 2014, 03:48:00 AM »

"Everything is a reminder of the Cross. We ourselves are
made in the shape of a cross."

St John Vianney

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1368 on: January 04, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »

I never thought of that!  Cheesy

I mean I am familiar with praying while standing in the form of a cross, but I never thought of it quite that way!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: January 04, 2014, 11:23:17 PM »

'You must constantly carry the cross which He lays on you, be it interior or exterior, without growing weary or complaining of its length or weight. Does it not suffice that it has been given you by the hands of a Friend Whose all-loving Heart has destined it for you from all eternity?'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 05, 2014, 07:57:09 AM »

I mean I am familiar with praying while standing in the form of a cross, but I never thought of it quite that way!

Well, Saint John Vianney did  Smiley

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 05, 2014, 07:58:21 AM »

"He cannot have God as his Father who does not have the church for his Mother."
Saint  Cyprian

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 06, 2014, 03:31:11 AM »

"On the altar you are looking at the same thing as you saw there last night. You have not heard, however, what this is, what it signifies, or about the greatness of the reality of which it is a sacrament. Your eyes are looking at bread and cup. This is the evidence before your physical sight. But your faith must be instructed concerning it- this bread being Christ 's Body and the cup containing His Blood. Though perhaps these words may be enough to initiate faith, faith must be further instructed in accordance with the Prophet's words: 'Believe that you may understand' ( Is 7:9).

St. Augustine of Hippo

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1373 on: January 06, 2014, 03:35:20 AM »

Well, Saint John Vianney did  Smiley

It's something I will never forget!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1374 on: January 06, 2014, 03:35:42 AM »

"He cannot have God as his Father who does not have the church for his Mother."
Saint  Cyprian

Amen amen.  crucifix

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1375 on: January 08, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »

'But, my daughter, I am going a step further, and I bid you everywhere and in everything rejoice in your own abjection. Perhaps you will ask in reply what I mean by that. In Latin abjection means humility, and humility means abjection, so that when Our Lady says in the Magnificat that all generations shall call her blessed, because God hath regarded the low estate of His handmaiden, she means that He has accepted her abjection and lowliness in order to fill her with graces and favours. Nevertheless, there is a difference between humility and abjection; for abjection is the poverty, vileness and littleness which exist in us, without our taking heed to them; but humility implies a real knowledge and voluntary recognition of that abjection. And the highest point of humility consists in not merely acknowledging one's abjection, but in taking pleasure therein, not from any want of breadth or courage, but to give the more glory to God's Divine Majesty, and to esteem one's neighbour more highly than one's self. This is what I would have you do;'

St. Francis de Sales

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: