Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1239004 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1408 on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:40 AM »

Somthing to work on for sure, always! Splendid quote!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1409 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:07 AM »

'Each day, I die to myself. . .'

1 Cor. 15:31

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1410 on: February 28, 2014, 12:42:39 AM »

'When He pleases, he becomes fire, which burns up every base passion that has been introduced into the soul; for our God is a consuming fire.' [Heb. 12:29, Deut. 4:24]

St. Macarius the Great

'Repentance signifies a firm resolution not to return to a sin. For this reason precisely the righteous are called blameless, for they have abandoned sin and have been shown righteous.'

St. Poimen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1411 on: March 01, 2014, 07:31:37 PM »

'The five rational senses of the soul, if they receive grace from above and the sanctification of the Spirit, are really wise virgins, receiving the wisdom of the grace from above. But if they rest content with what is natural to them, they are found foolish, and shown to be children of the world. They have not put off the spirit of the world, although in their own estimation, because of some specious appearances and outward form, they take themselves for brides of the Bridegroom. As the souls which wholly and entirely cleave to the Lord are there in thought, and there pray, and there walk, and there long after the love of the Lord, so, on the other hand, those souls which are tied and bound in the love of the world, and are willing to spend their existence on the earth, walk there, think there, their mind passes its existence there. For this reason they are incapable of being converted to the good wisdom of the Spirit, being a thing foreign to our own nature -- the heavenly grace -- which requires to be combined and compounded with our nature, if we are to enter with the Lord into the heavenly bridechamber of the kingdom, and to find eternal salvation.

St. Macarius the Great

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 01, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »

'Begin in the morning, before leaving your room, by meditating, for a quarter of an hour, on the Passion of our Redeemer, and you will see that, all will go well with you, and that you will live far removed from sin.'

St. Paul of the Cross

I hope to practice this.

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1413 on: March 01, 2014, 07:59:55 PM »

The Fifteen Prayers of St. Bridget might be helpful for that devotion.  crucifix

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 01, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »

The Fifteen Prayers of St. Bridget might be helpful for that devotion.  crucifix

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Shin!

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1415 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:28 PM »

You're welcome!

It can be hard to get a start on meditation, I sometimes find a book helpful. Cheesy

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 01, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »

You're welcome!

It can be hard to get a start on meditation, I sometimes find a book helpful. Cheesy

Yes, books can be very helpful.  There is a very good meditation book I used last year for Lent.  It is called The School of Jesus Crucified and it is written by Fr. Ignatius of the Side of Jesus, Passionist.  The book is excellent and I'll be using it again this Lent for sure.  I'm also working with Divine Intimacy every day, another excellent meditation book.  It is written by Fr. Gabriel of St. Magdalen, O.C.D. and you are probably already familiar with it, Shin.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1417 on: March 03, 2014, 05:47:36 AM »

Hmm, I think you mentioned it to me once before Therese. But I have yet to read it! Another book!

'Our Lord loves you and wishes to see you advance with great speed in the way of His love, however crucifying to nature. Therefore, do not bargain with Him, but give Him all, and you will find all in His divine Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1418 on: March 05, 2014, 05:19:18 AM »

'Just as God assigns to everything visible what is appropriate, so He does also to human thoughts, whether we wish it or not.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:46 PM »

Hmm, I think you mentioned it to me once before Therese. But I have yet to read it! Another book!

'Our Lord loves you and wishes to see you advance with great speed in the way of His love, however crucifying to nature. Therefore, do not bargain with Him, but give Him all, and you will find all in His divine Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Beautiful quote!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 05, 2014, 10:11:41 PM »

'Just as God assigns to everything visible what is appropriate, so He does also to human thoughts, whether we wish it or not.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

May all of our thoughts be holy, upright and pure.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: March 12, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »

'The prayerless soul makes no progress whatever.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1422 on: March 13, 2014, 11:13:36 AM »

'To expose yourself to the danger of sinning, and not to sin, is a greater miracle than raising the dead to life.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1423 on: March 16, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »

'God like the excellent master that He is, has taken care to provide us with writings of the best kind.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: