Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 01:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 706518 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1428 on: April 05, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »

'To complain of poverty, is displeasing to God and to men. I never feel so happy as when I bear some of the marks of poverty.'

St. Jane Frances Chantal

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 11, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »

Never think thou hast made progress till thou
lookest upon thyself as inferior to all.

-- Thomas a Kempis

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1430 on: April 13, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »

It's the right spiritual air to have!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 13, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »

It's the right spiritual air to have!

Yes, and to have it we need only be humble.

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Poche

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 14, 2014, 03:32:25 AM »

At this morning’s mass in St. Martha’s House Francis said Satan exists in the 21st century and “we must learn from the Gospel how to fight against his temptations”
Domenico Agasso jr
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1433 on: April 14, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »

'Often our knowledge becomes darkened because we fail to put things into practice. For when we have totally neglected to practice something, our memory of it will gradually disappear.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 15, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »

St Bebnuba
Martyr

"The tree from which I was was hanged
bore fruit in the very same hour.' 

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 16, 2014, 05:43:04 AM »

Beautiful quote!

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 16, 2014, 05:43:49 AM »

St. Benedict Joseph Labre (C): To love God as we ought we require three hearts: in one a heart of fire for God a heart of flesh for our neighbour and a heart of iron towards ourselves.

Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 16, 2014, 06:21:13 AM »

"The Son of Man, when He cometh, shall He find, think you, faith on earth?"
--Blessed Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 18:Cool

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1438 on: April 17, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »

'All spiritual writers agree that the best sign you can have of solid devotion is the amendment of life and perseverance in good.'

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 18, 2014, 03:21:47 AM »

"May Holy Eucharist and perfect abandonment to God's Will be your heaven on earth". Mother Marie Anne, Foundress of the Sisters of St Anne.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1440 on: April 18, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

'Just as we drive out one nail by another, let us oppose effort to effort, habit to habit.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »

'Let us begin in earnest to work out our salvation, for no one will do it for us, since even He Himself, Who made us without ourselves, will not save us without ourselves.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: April 22, 2014, 02:17:33 AM »

'The Lord is in his holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before him.'

Habacuc 2:20

Poche

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 22, 2014, 04:00:34 AM »

Bl. Pino Puglisi was known to speak out against some bishops who turned a blind eye to organized crime in Sicily. When asked by someone about the legitimacy of criticizing the Church, he answered that it is sometimes necessary to do so to improve things, and jokingly added:

"But we should always criticize it like a mother, never a mother-in-law!”

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1444 on: April 23, 2014, 04:23:33 AM »

'"The voice of the turtledove is heard in our land." So long as men received for their service of God only the temporal and earthly reward of a "land flowing with milk and honey," they were very far from considering themselves as exiles on earth, very far from mourning like turtles, yearning for their heavenly country. Rather they mistook for their fatherland the place of their banishment, and gave themselves up to eating what was fat and drinking what was pleasant. During all this time, therefore, the voice of the turtledove had not yet been heard in our land. But when the promise of the kingdom of heaven was made to them, then men understood that they "have not here a lasting city"; then they began with all eagerness to "seek one that is to come"; and then, for the first time, the voice of the turtle was distinctly heard in our land. For whilst each holy soul was now longing for the presence of Christ, and looking impatiently for the coming of His kingdom, and with sighs and tears saluting from afar her much-desired home in heaven, does it not seem to you, my brethren, that every such soul then on earth was acting the part of a most chaste and mournful turtledove? From that time onward the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 182 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: