Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:10:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238853 times)
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 09, 2015, 09:17:57 AM »

It is better that scandal arise than that the truth be concealed.

- Pope St. Gregory the Great

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Therese

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 09, 2015, 09:18:40 AM »

Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it.

- Saint Augustine (354-430)

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you (Matth. 6:33).
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1762 on: March 12, 2015, 05:38:44 AM »

'The altar stone contains the bones of the martyrs; the burning candles are the symbols of faith, hope, and charity; the linens covering the altar represent the winding-sheet in which our Lord's body was wrapped; the crucifix shows him dying for us.'

St. Peter Julian Eymard

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 12, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »

A man's gift clears the way for him, and gains him access to great men.     

The Book of Proverbs: Chapter 18 Verse 16
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1764 on: March 13, 2015, 02:07:20 AM »

'Give alms out of thy substance, and turn not away thy face from any poor person: for so it shall come to pass that the face of the Lord shall not be turned from thee.

According to thy ability be merciful. If thou have much, give abundantly; if thou have little, take care even so to bestow willingly a little.

But do not hesitate to give alms; for thus thou storest up to thyself a good reward for the day of necessity.

For alms deliver from all sin, and from death, and will not suffer the soul to go into darkness.

Alms shall be a great confidence before the most high God, to all them that give it.'

Tobias 4:7-12

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1765 on: March 13, 2015, 02:08:37 AM »

Don't forget folks that alms can be given to support this place.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1766 on: March 15, 2015, 07:38:18 AM »

Nada te turbe;
nada te espante;
todo se pasa;
Dios no se muda,
la paciencia todo lo alcanza.
Quien a Dios tiene,
nada le falta.
Solo Dios basta.

Let naught disturb thee;
Naught fright thee ever;
All things are passing;
God changeth never.
Patience e'er conquers;
With God for thine own
Thou nothing dost lack
He sufficeth alone!

- St. Teresa of Avila

odhiambo
Prayerful
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 19, 2015, 03:13:42 AM »

The Power of Prayer

By prayer the soul is cleansed from sin, replenished with charity, confirmed in faith, strengthened, and refreshed in spirit. Prayer establishes the inward man, pacifies the heart, knows the truth, conquers temptations, expels sorrow, renews the senses, stirs up languishing virtue, puts to flight tepidity, and scours the rust of vices. In prayer, the quick sparkles of celestial desires are incessantly sent forth, from the burning coals of divine love. The privileges of prayer are rare, the prerogatives admirable. Prayer unlocks the gates of heaven, manifests divine secrets, and always finds free access to the ears of God.

St. Peter of Alcantara (Spiritual Director of St. Teresa of Avila)

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!
Inspirational Quotes from the saints:
'If men but knew Thee, O my God!'
St. Ignatius of Loyola
“Late have I loved Thee,
 O Beauty ever ancient, ever new,
 late have I loved Thee!......”
St. Augustine of Hippo
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1768 on: March 20, 2015, 02:48:38 AM »

All these benefits of prayer, if we do not forget them, or go back to dwell upon them will encourage us to pray!

Always grateful for your prayers odhiambo here encouraging all and for all!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1769 on: March 20, 2015, 02:49:26 AM »

'Call upon God to open the eyes of your heart, so that you may see the value of prayer and of spiritual reading when understood and applied.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: March 21, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »

Then he (Jesus) said to all, "If anyone wishes to come after me, he must           
                deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."             

The Gospel According to Luke: Chapter 9 Verse 23       crucifix crucifix crucifix crucifix crucifix crucifix crucifix
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1771 on: March 21, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »

And take up his cross each day..

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1772 on: March 21, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »

'One must wage war against his predominant passion, and not retreat, until, with God's help, he has been victorious.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

CyrilSebastian

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 26, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »

As your hearts have been disposed to stray from God;     
                   turn now ten times the more to seek him;     

The Book of Baruch, Chapter 4 Verse 28
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1774 on: March 26, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »

A quote to remember!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1775 on: March 26, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »

'Do not think it is a matter of indifference to communicate with Schismatics as opposed to the Church or desire to join in their communion and join yourselves in their evil Sacrifices. For anyone that does this is a reprobate and ceases to be a part of the Church. For the Church cannot be divided.'

Pope St. Pelegius I

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: