Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233139 times)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 30, 2015, 10:32:03 AM »

We shall steer safely
through every storm so long as...
our heart is right,
our intention fervent,
our courage steadfast,
and our trust fixed on God.

~ St. Francis de Sales

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1841 on: June 30, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »

Amen James!  Cheesy

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1842 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »

'Blessed the one who continually humbles himself willingly; he will be crowned by the One who willingly humbled himself for our sake.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 01, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »

Amen.  Little Angel

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
pebbles

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 05, 2015, 01:22:56 AM »

Don't imagine that, if you had a great deal of time, you would spend more of it in prayer. Get rid of that idea; it is no hindrance to prayer to spend your time well.
----- St. Theresa of Avila

I guess I was wrong all this time  shrug I have been trying to get that time for intimate prayer but I don't seem to succeed. I compensate by praying offering all my prayers, works, and sufferings, of the day the very moment I wake up coz I might forget to pray. Pray the rosary going to work because it takes me 4 to 5 hours a day spent on the road going to and from work. A simple thank you for not being late despite the traffic or got a ride despite the fact that very few trains are available or finally getting a seat on the train after waiting for it to arrive after 30 minutes of waiting...  Everyday is a struggle to get to and from one's destination and so I am thankful for small mercies and surviving and getting home safely at the end of the day.

Because of this hectic day, for me a DAY is a life of prayer.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1845 on: July 05, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »

Great to see you pebbles!

Of course folks should put aside time for intimate prayer! Cheesy

My you have quite a commute!!! I will pray for you!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1846 on: July 06, 2015, 11:39:52 PM »

'Christ died for sinners; we must take heart, therefore, and hope that Paradise will be ours, provided only we repent of our sins, and do good.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1847 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:19 AM »

'Already the walls of the prison are crumbling to dust, and the prisoner is about to enjoy the liberty of the children of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1848 on: July 08, 2015, 10:42:05 PM »

'Often tell Jesus that you love him very much, and that you wish to die for love of him. Behold our love, Jesus; behold our life, Jesus; behold our all, Jesus. Let us accompany Jesus in all his ways. When we are alone, let it be with Jesus in the solitude of Bethlehem when we are traveling, let us think that we are with Jesus in Palestine or on the way to Calvary; when we are lashed by biting criticisms, behold us scourged with Jesus; when we are fixed to the cross, behold we are crucified with Jesus.'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1849 on: July 09, 2015, 10:30:31 PM »

'If thou remainest faithful to Me, I will never forsake thee. . . I forgive thy ignorance, because, as yet, thou dost not know Me; but, if thou art faithful to Me and followest Me, I will teach thee to know Me, and I will reveal Myself to thee.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 15, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »

"When the malice of wicked men increases, and converts are abused with insults,
PREACHING, far from being curtailed, SHOULD BE INCREASED."

~ St. Thomas Aquinas

~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1851 on: July 16, 2015, 02:36:28 AM »

"When the malice of wicked men increases, and converts are abused with insults,
PREACHING, far from being curtailed, SHOULD BE INCREASED."

~ St. Thomas Aquinas

Amen my brother!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1852 on: July 22, 2015, 09:37:03 PM »

'Perceiving the Christian religion tottering this long time, the primary means of salvation neglected; and being moved by the manifest danger and perdition of the flock of Christ, we recur to the doctrine of the Fathers, ordaining nothing new, nothing of our own invention; form the full conviction of the necessity of embracing the exclusive and primary path of salvation -- the trite path of the Saints: because we are not aware of any other entrance, for either flock or pastors, into the kingdom of heaven than that which is pointed out by him who said, I am the gate; whosever will enter through me, shall find security and pasture; and what we find preached by the Apostles, and observed by the Fathers.'

Pope St. Gregory VII

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1853 on: July 27, 2015, 05:23:14 AM »

'He who does not know the truth cannot truly have faith; for by nature knowledge precedes faith.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1854 on: July 31, 2015, 07:42:43 AM »

'For there be many disobedient, vain speakers, and seducers, especially they that are of the Circumcision. Who must be controlled. who subvert whole houses, teaching things they ought not, for filthy lucre. One of them said, their own proper prophet, The Cretensians always liars, naughty beasts, slothful bellies. This testimony is true. For the which cause rebuke them sharply, that they may be sane in the faith. Not attending to Jewish fables, and commandments of men averting themselves from the truth. All things are clean to the clean: but to the polluted are both their mind and conscience. They confess that they know God: but in their works they deny, whereas they be abominable and incredulous and to every good work reprobate.'

Titus 1:10-16

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1855 on: August 01, 2015, 05:27:36 AM »

'No emperor was able to persuade the Fathers who speak of God to be reconciled with the heretics of their times by means of equivocal expressions. Instead they employed clear and authoritative expressions, and ones that corresponded to the teaching that was being inquired into, saying plainly that it is the mark of priests to make an inquiry and to define on the subject of the saving teachings of the Catholic Church.'

St. Maximus the Confessor

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: