Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 02:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 300096 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2448 on: July 01, 2017, 06:41:59 AM »

'I wish that I always had at hand a weeding tool to root up and entirely destroy the weed which continually springs up in my garden. You understand me; I mean that I endeavor to strip my soul of all that is not God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2449 on: July 05, 2017, 03:10:35 AM »

'Men always seek to advance in, the knowledge of their secular profession, but are satiated with the mere rudiments of the science of the saints. In all their worldly pursuits, men are never satiated; but in virtue it is sufficient for them to have made a beginning.'

St. Jerome

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2450 on: July 07, 2017, 12:18:40 AM »

'He who anoints his intellect for spiritual contest and drives all impassioned thoughts out of it has the quality of a deacon. He who illuminates his intellect with the knowledge of created beings and utterly destroys false knowledge has the quality of a priest. And he who perfects his intellect with the holy myrrh of the knowledge and worship of the Holy Trinity has the quality of a bishop.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2451 on: July 08, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

'What I admire more than all is the state of humiliation and obedience which Jesus assumes in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. Behold the grace of predilection for me!'

St. Peter Julian Eymard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2452 on: July 09, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »

'A saint-like soul helps its neighbor and when ill-treated by him is patient, enduring what it suffers at his hands.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2453 on: July 12, 2017, 02:42:30 AM »

'The Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ gives you these holy aspirations through the ardent love He bears you, which makes Him desire to possess your heart whole and entire.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2454 on: July 13, 2017, 11:59:40 PM »

'When you are before the altar where Christ reposes, you ought no longer to think that you are amongst men; but believe that there are troops of angels and archangels standing by you, and trembling with respect before the sovereign Master of Heaven and earth. Therefore, when you are in church, be there in silence, fear, and veneration.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2455 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »

'Stillness, prayer, love and self-control are a four-horsed chariot bearing the intellect to heaven.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

What a beautiful quote!  Cheesy

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2456 on: July 15, 2017, 01:26:34 AM »

'He who does that which is displeasing to himself has discovered the secret of pleasing God.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2457 on: July 16, 2017, 03:53:23 AM »

'In this golden ciborium I put your Sacramental Communions. In this silver ciborium I put your Spiritual Communions. Both ciboriums are quite pleasing to Me.'

The Lord, to St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2458 on: July 18, 2017, 05:59:21 AM »

'It is because of faith that we exchange the present for the future.'

St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2459 on: July 19, 2017, 04:23:32 AM »

'A woman who deliberately destroys a fetus is answerable for murder. And any fine distinction between its being completely formed or unformed is not admissible among us.'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2460 on: July 21, 2017, 05:59:47 AM »

'The Church teaches us that mercy belongs to God. Let us implore Him to bestow on us the spirit of mercy and compassion, so that we are filled with it and may never lose it. Only consider how much we ourselves are in need of mercy.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2461 on: July 22, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »

'If Peter had not failed to catch anything during the night's fishing (cf. Luke 5:5), he would not have caught anything during the day. And if Paul had not suffered physical blindness (cf. Acts 9:8), he would not have been given spiritual sight. And if Stephen had not been slandered as a blasphemer, he would not have seen the heavens opened and have looked on God (cf. Acts 6:15; 7:56).'

St. Mark the Ascetic
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:43:30 PM by Shin » Logged

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2462 on: July 24, 2017, 07:43:14 PM »

'Moreover it is all the more remarkable that the more we submit to God's will, the more He tries to meet our wishes. It would seem that as soon as we make it our sole aim to obey Him, He on His part does His best to try and please us. Not only does He answer our prayers but He even forestalls them by granting the very desires we have endeavored to stifle in our hearts in order to please Him, and granting them in a measure we had never imagined.'

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2463 on: July 26, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »

'I wish that all men could understand the great favor that God grants them when, in His goodness, He sends them suffering, and especially suffering devoid of all consolation; for then the soul, like gold which is purified in the fiery crucible, is cleansed, made beautiful, detached from earthly things, and united to the Sovereign Good, without even being conscious of it.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2464 on: July 27, 2017, 04:33:23 AM »

'We must cover the failings of our neighbor with the mantle of charity, attributing them to ignorance or inadvertence.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: