Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2017, 03:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 278891 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2465 on: July 30, 2017, 12:29:51 AM »

'There is nothing of which apostolic men have more need than interior recollection, in order not to endanger their own salvation whilst seeking that of others.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2466 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:07 AM »

'Without sanctifying grace it is not possible to refrain long from mortal sin.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2467 on: August 03, 2017, 04:37:21 AM »

'Perfection of life consists in drawing close to God. Heaven is the possession of God. In heaven God is contemplated, adored, loved. But to attain heaven it's necessary to be detached from what is earthly. What is the life of a Carmelite if not one of contemplating, adoring and loving God incessantly? And she, by being desirous for that heaven, distances herself from the world and tries to detach herself as much as possible from everything earthly.'

St. Teresa of the Andes

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2468 on: August 05, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »

'Turn away thy face from a woman dressed up, and gaze not about upon another's beauty.'

Ecclesiasticus 9:8

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2469 on: August 09, 2017, 12:53:30 AM »

'Man has been created to praise, honor, and serve the Lord his God, and in this way to save his soul; and everything else on earth exists for man to aid him to reach the end which God has marked out for him in creating him. He must, then, use things as long only as they conduct him. to this end, and abstain from them whenever they turn him aside from it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2470 on: August 10, 2017, 01:02:45 AM »

'St. Paul teaches us to continue "instant in prayer" [Romans 12:12], grounding ourselves in it by long perseverance [Collossians 4:2, Ephesians 6:18]. He also commands us to "pray everywhere" [1 Timothy 2:8] so that no idle one can excuse himself because he lives far from the house of prayer. Any place is suitable for prayer. God accepts those who call to Him with a pure heart and righteous deeds, and seeing their disposition, listens to their supplication, even if the place whence they call to Him has nothing special to distinguish it.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2471 on: August 14, 2017, 02:01:39 AM »

'The best remedy for dryness of spirit, is to picture ourselves as beggars in the presence of God and the Saints, and like a beggar, to go first to one saint, then to another, to ask a spiritual alms of them with the same earnestness as a poor fellow in the streets would ask an alms of us.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2472 on: August 15, 2017, 12:48:17 AM »

'If, after we have commenced the practice of virtue, we begin to fear and lose heart because of the temptations we experience, no beast on earth becomes so ferocious as the enemy of our souls, so deep is the hatred with which he pursues his wicked designs.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2473 on: August 16, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

'Let us think, if we only got to heaven, what a sweet and easy thing it will be there to be always saying with the angels and the saints, Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus.'
St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2474 on: August 18, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »

'Stillness and prayer are the greatest weapons of virtue, for they purify the intellect and confer on it spiritual insight.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2475 on: August 19, 2017, 01:28:38 AM »

'O my God! O God infinitely good! how canst Thou bear with a sinner like me!'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2476 on: August 21, 2017, 01:57:29 AM »

'All the honey that can be gathered from the flowers of this world has less sweetness than the vinegar and gall of Jesus Christ our Lord.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2477 on: August 21, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »

'For when our Lord was suffering upon the cross, the tombs were burst open, the infernal region was disclosed, the souls leapt forth, the dead returned to life, and many of them were seen in Jerusalem, while the mystery of the cross was being perfected; what time our Lord trampled upon death, dissolved the enmity, bound the strong man, and raised the trophy of the cross, His body being lifted up upon it, that the body might appear on high, and death to be depressed under the foot of flesh. Then the heavenly powers wondered, the angels were astonished, the elements trembled, every creature was shaken while they looked on this new mystery, and the terrific spectacle which was being enacted in the universe. Yet the entire people, as unconscious of the mystery, exulted over Christ in derision; although the earth was rocking, the mountains, the valleys, and the sea were shaken, and every creature of God was smitten with confusion. The lights of heaven were afraid, the sun fled away, the moon disappeared, the stars withdrew their shining, the day came to end; the angel in astonishment departed from the temple after the rending of the veil, and darkness covered the earth on which its Lord had closed His eyes.'

St. Alexander of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2478 on: August 22, 2017, 01:27:50 AM »

'So submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil: and the devil will fly from you. Draw nigh to God: and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you of two minds. Begin to lament, to mourn, to weep. . . Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will exalt you.'

James 4:7-9,10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2479 on: Yesterday at 12:39:23 AM »

'Union, intimate union with Jesus, heart to heart with Jesus like Saint John, in purity and in love.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: