Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238265 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2480 on: August 25, 2017, 02:55:11 AM »

'In his mercy the Lord supports all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down' (Ps. 145:14).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2481 on: August 26, 2017, 08:01:45 AM »

'He is the Source of all blessings, and will bestow them wherever the picture of His divine Heart is placed and honored.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2482 on: August 27, 2017, 02:28:27 AM »

'O charity! O marvels of love! And for whom? O ungrateful man! how is it possible that you do not love God?'

St. Paul of the Cross

Do not forget the advice to honor an image of His Heart in your home!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2483 on: August 28, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »

'Knowledge of what is good for him has been given to every-one by God; but self-indulgence leads to negligence, and negligence to forgetfulness.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

I think this quote is really a key to greater understanding.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2484 on: August 30, 2017, 04:23:26 AM »

'I am going to give you some spiritual advice, that you may advance, every day, in the love of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2485 on: August 31, 2017, 04:59:03 AM »

'As I looked, thrones were placed and one that was Ancient of Days took His seat; His raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool; His throne was like fiery flames, its wheels were like a burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came forth from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened.'

Daniel 7:9-10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2486 on: September 02, 2017, 01:23:02 AM »

'Let us learn here below to give God the confession of praise which we ought to hope to give Him in heaven above.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2487 on: September 03, 2017, 05:03:34 AM »

'Virtue does not consist in making good resolutions, nor in saying fine words, but in keeping ones resolutions and carrying out one's good intentions.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2488 on: September 05, 2017, 07:16:39 AM »

'Grace has been given mystically to those who have been baptized into Christ; and it becomes active within them to the extent that they actively observe the commandments. Grace never ceases to help us secretly; but to do good - as far as lies in our power - depends on us.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2489 on: September 06, 2017, 01:49:43 AM »

'To obtain the protection of our Blessed Lady in our most urgent wants, it is very useful to say sixty-three times, after the fashion of a Rosary, "Virgin Mary, Mother of God, pray to Jesus for me."'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2490 on: September 07, 2017, 02:21:24 PM »

'Fasting cleanses the soul, raises the mind, subjects one's flesh to the spirit, renders the heart contrite and humble, scatters the clouds of concupiscence, quenches the fire of lust, and kindles the true light of chastity.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2491 on: September 08, 2017, 06:15:07 AM »

'While dressing in the morning I will think of the Incarnation, in which our Lord put on our nature, and I will thank God for it.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2492 on: September 09, 2017, 04:12:33 AM »

'He who labors as he prays lifts his heart to God with his hands.'

St. Benedict

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2493 on: September 10, 2017, 06:09:29 AM »

'Are you making no progress in prayer? Then you need only offer God the prayers which the Savior has poured out for us in the sacrament of the altar. Offer God his fervent love in reparation for your sluggishness. In the course of every activity pray as follows: "My God, I do this or I endure that in the heart of your Son and according to his holy counsels. I offer it to you in reparation for anything blameworthy or imperfect in my actions." Continue to do this in every circumstance of life.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2494 on: September 11, 2017, 05:53:53 AM »

'Weeping is the way that Scripture and our Fathers have handed on to us.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2495 on: September 12, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »

'My brother and I were quite frightened to know, from our reading, that suffering and glory were forever. It befell us to speak about this many times and we liked to say, "forever, forever, forever!" Through my frequently saying this, Our Lord left me impressed, even in my childhood, with the pathway to truth.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: