Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:37:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233114 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2496 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:43 PM »

'Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat. How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!'

Matthew 7:13-14

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2497 on: September 14, 2017, 02:16:34 AM »

'Conformity to the will of God is an easy and certain means of acquiring a great treasure of graces in this life.'

St. Vincent de Paul

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2498 on: September 15, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »

'You aspire to great things? Begin with little ones.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2499 on: September 15, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »

'May the Sacred Heart accomplish in you all His designs and be Himself your strength and your stay, so as to enable you to bear courageously the weight of your responsiblity.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2500 on: September 16, 2017, 02:31:25 AM »

'The Apostle commands us to rejoice, but in the Lord, not in the world. For, you see, as Scripture says, whoever wishes to be a friend of this world will be counted as God's enemy. Just as a man cannot serve two masters, so too no-one can rejoice both in the world and in the Lord.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2501 on: September 17, 2017, 01:52:39 AM »

'Without contrition of the heart, it is altogether impossible to rid ourselves of evil. Now the heart is made contrite by threefold self-control: in sleep, in food and in bodily relaxation. For excess of these three things leads to self-indulgence; and this in turn makes us accept evil thoughts, and is opposed to prayer and to appropriate work.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2502 on: September 18, 2017, 01:14:20 AM »

'God knows how useful it is to us to be obliged to pray, in order to keep us humble, and to exercise our confidence; and he therefore permits us to be assaulted by enemies too mighty to be overcome by our own strength, that by prayer we may obtain from his mercy aid to resist them; and it is especially to be remarked that no one can resist the impure temptations of the flesh, without recommending himself to God when he is tempted.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2503 on: September 19, 2017, 04:33:52 AM »

'For can anyone be excused who, by ceasing to pray, has shown that he did not wish to overcome his enemy.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2504 on: September 20, 2017, 02:47:00 AM »

'A resolute will triumphs over everything with the help of God, which is never wanting.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2505 on: September 21, 2017, 02:26:04 AM »

May God grant us a resolute will to serve Him!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2506 on: September 21, 2017, 02:26:14 AM »

'The sixth weapon is the memory of the goods of paradise which are prepared for those who lawfully struggle by abandoning all the vain pleasures of the present life in accord with the saying of the most holy doctor Saint Augustine that it is impossible to enjoy present goods and future ones too. So, dear sisters, be content not to have in this world any pleasure or any beloved, and do not grow tired of denying your own will, remembering what our patriarch St. Francis said, that is, that the most excellent and greatest gift that God's servant can receive from God in this world is to conquer himself by denying his own will. So he said: "So great is the good that I behold / that every wound is beloved by me," in order to show how, through the memory of eternal things, he rejoiced in suffering evil.'

St. Catherine of Bologna

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2507 on: September 22, 2017, 03:37:21 AM »

'St. Bernard says that poverty was not to be found in heaven, it existed only on earth; but that man, not knowing its value, did not seek after it. Therefore the Son of God came down from heaven to this earth, and chose it for his companion throughout his whole life, that by his example he might also render it precious and desirable to us: "Poverty was not found in heaven, but she was well known on earth, and men knew not her excellence. So the Son of God loved her, and came down from heaven to take her to himself, that we might learn to value her when we see how he regards her."'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2508 on: September 23, 2017, 02:05:33 AM »

'Never forget Him Who died for love of you. You will only love Him in so far as you know how to suffer in silence, preferring Him to creatures and eternity to time.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2509 on: September 24, 2017, 04:12:17 AM »

'Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father.'

1 John 2:23

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2510 on: September 25, 2017, 02:37:49 AM »

'He who truly loves his neighbor and can not efficaciously assist him, should strive at least to relieve and help him by his prayers.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2511 on: September 26, 2017, 05:00:01 AM »

'The Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ is the shortest way to perfection.

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: