Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1239038 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2528 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:30 AM »

'Lord, grant that I may know Thee, and that I may know myself.'

St. Augustine

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2529 on: October 22, 2017, 02:23:25 AM »

'Be fond of working with your hands, but still more of the memory of prayer; because the first does not always bring us the fruit of that occupation, while the second does so unceasingly. Do not stop praying until you have paid your due of prayer in full, and do not listen to the thought that it is time to sit down to work. Equally, when you sit at work, do not be too concerned in it, lest you agitate the heart by your haste and make it worthless for prayer.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2530 on: October 23, 2017, 01:43:32 AM »

'He who has not yet attained divine knowledge energized by love is proud of his spiritual progress. But he who has been granted such knowledge repeats with deep conviction the words uttered by the patriarch Abraham when he was granted the manifestation of God: "I am dust and ashes" (Gen. 18:27).'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2531 on: October 25, 2017, 04:23:22 AM »

'If you have not yet received the gift of prayer or psalmody, ask persistently, and you will receive.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2532 on: October 27, 2017, 04:30:39 AM »

'In your patience you shall possess your souls.'

Luke 21:19

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2533 on: October 28, 2017, 07:31:52 AM »

'The Fathers put compunction as the beginning of every action.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2534 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »

'Ever keep the fire of charity burning on the altar of your heart.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2535 on: November 01, 2017, 02:24:20 AM »

'Now is the time of a fruitful sowing for eternity, when the harvest will be plentiful. Do not lose courage. Your sufferings endured with patience are worth a thousand times more than any other austerity. This is what God asks of you for the present.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

James - a humble servant
A son of St. Dominic
Established

~ Matthew 20: 28 ~

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 01, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »

A glad spirit attains to perfection more quickly than any other.

~ St. Philip Neri

"O Holy Lord grant me the graces and helps I need to be faithful to all of the responsibilities and duties of my vocation and my state in life and in the faithful living of the true Spiritual Life. Amen."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2537 on: November 02, 2017, 03:24:23 AM »

'St. Catherine of Bologna, when she wished to obtain any grace, had recourse to the souls in Purgatory, and her prayers were heard immediately. She declared that, by praying to those holy souls she obtained many favors which she had sought through the intercession of the saints without obtaining them. The graces which devout persons are said to have received through the holy souls are innumerable.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2538 on: November 03, 2017, 02:43:50 AM »

'As the king would think it faithlessness of an officer, when his post was attacked not to ask him for reinforcements, he would be reputed a traitor if he did not request help from the king; so God thinks himself betrayed by the man who, when he finds himself surrounded by temptations, does not run to him for assistance.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2539 on: November 03, 2017, 07:13:09 AM »

'Nothing but self-will can separate us from God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2540 on: November 04, 2017, 06:51:31 AM »

'Neither shall light ever be darkness as long as light exists, nor shall the truth of the things pertaining to us be controverted. For truth is that than which nothing is more powerful. Every one who might speak the truth, and speaks it not, shall be judged by God.'

St. Justin Martyr

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2541 on: November 05, 2017, 02:05:23 AM »

'The continual remembrance of the presence of God engenders in the soul a divine state.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2542 on: November 06, 2017, 05:38:12 AM »

'It is very useful for those who minister the word of God, or give themselves up to prayer, to read the works of authors whose names begin with S, such as Saint Augustine, Saint Bernard, etc.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2543 on: November 08, 2017, 02:15:38 AM »

'Our Lord wishes us to have great charity for our neighbor, for whom we should pray as for ourselves; it is one of the characteristic effects of this devotion to reconcile hearts and to bring peace to souls.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: